corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » handbrake (drum shoes?)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author handbrake (drum shoes?)
JUGGA

User status: Offline
   15th Jul 05 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, havnt had a handbrake for nearly a year. fitted a new cable 10 months ago, didnt get aroudn to tightening it properly but anyway... just tightend it up now the handbrake lever itself is hard to pull up (as it should be 4 clicks) so everything looks ok i pull it up 3 or 4 clicks but the car still moves if you push it or if its sat on a hill? doesnt mate sense? could it be my drum shoes or summin???? if its the shoes how much do they cost? i noticed when i took the drum off today ther shoes are about 2 or 3mm thick, not a clue what they should be though?

cheers
JUGGA

15th Jul 05 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and also i heard you can adjust your rear shoes, exactly where? my mate said theres a flat head screw somewhere in it but i couldnt see jack. i reckon its just the shoes need adjusting but finding where to adjust the shoes is difficuilt, anyone with pics of advice? i can get some Quinton Hazell brake shoes part number BS961 anyone confirm what they fit? the shell of my car is a 1.2i 1997 but the engine is a 1.4i 1995. the shell of the car has prob done 115k

[Edited on 15-07-2005 by Unr3al Rac3r]
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

15th Jul 05 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to adjust the shoes, adjust the 'forked' adjuster rod by turning it.

its the bit at the top that goes fron one pad to the other. although corsa drums should adjust automaticly.
JUGGA

15th Jul 05 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just under the cylinder?

this would explain why when i changed my front discs and brake pads mybrakes were still SH*T lol. i read they never adjust automatically, so i take it i need to do it manualy..
JUGGA

16th Jul 05 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can anyone get me a S shaped connector that connects the handbrake cable to the handbrake lever rod? or how much do they cost? i guess vauxhall are the only ones who sell them? not a local car part shop?

New Poll