corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tape Deck

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tape Deck
Nick A

User status: Offline
24th Jul 05 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a standard tape player in my corsa b (car 300). I want to fit a cd player but do not no how to take out the existing help, any ideas of how i do it??? thanks
mark87

24th Jul 05 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Allen keys to remove the screws in each corner.

DIN removal keys - push in the holes and then you can remove it. Some people use coat hangers instead.
Nick A

25th Jul 05 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to remove the standard tape player (car 300) in my corsa b.

I have removed the 4 screws from each corner but do not know how to remove it, i have tried screw drivers each side, coathangers and pushing it from behind but still no luck.

Is there any one that knows how to remove them???
craig8
Premium Member

25th Jul 05 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got to your local halfords and ask for the keys to remove it, theyre less than a fiver

E36 328
Nick A

26th Jul 05 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed to remove the player and found a casing where i removed a bolt right at the back.

the thing is where the radio antener and the power supply for the cd players comes through it is blocking the cd player so it wont fit in.

do i remove everything,i dont no how.
mark87

26th Jul 05 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just did it myself - the black connector at the back on the left has three clips, press them in, then push the connector backwards. For the antenna socket, it has two clips, I got it out by first pressing the top one, pushing the socket so the top clip was free, then did the same for the second. It's fiddly, but finally got the old cage out now!
Greg_M

26th Jul 05 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a bit of a bugger to fit back in, you have to move all the wires out of the way, best thing to do is remove the ash tray and/or the glove box. you mite even have to bend the metal braket backa bit if it still wont fit, as its a very tight squeese. the airel cable is also very short

New Poll