corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » FS2004: amazing file for download

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FS2004: amazing file for download
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
1st Sep 05 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok fellow fs-philes, here is a must-have download if you have 3rd party AI traffic installed, its called Traffic View Board Version 2.1 downloadable from avsim.com.

basically it works like this, it is available in the aircraft selection screen, and you go to any airport you like with it (busy ones are best) and it displays ALL of the traffic on the ground, taxiing out/in, and aircraft within 128km of the airport. you can select to view the aircraft as they fly, or just check out the arrival/departure times. because good AI files are pre-loaded with real authentic flight times from real life, you can actually check to see when an aircraft is scheduled for arrival/departure and it would be the same in real life, so in fact i could load up the game and at the same time at sydney airport, an identical aircraft could be taking off too.
All aircraft are displayed on a view board with aircraft type/reg number/flight number and destination as well as arrival times etc.
great piece of software!!!
Cybermonkey

1st Sep 05 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yes and you can select to follow an aircraft, so basically watch the entire flight from take-off to landing
John

1st Sep 05 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just about to post asking could you make a list of what addons should be installed.
Cybermonkey

1st Sep 05 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok then, will have to go through my own library which is now 8.41 GB

1) Airport Environment Upgrade 7
2)FSUIPC
3)all from www.projectai.com
Ojc

1st Sep 05 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do enjoy flight sims but doing a 9 hour flight with nothing happening would bore me, could you not be attacked by Me262's and you have to evade them? Surely a 737/747 is as fast if not faster than a 262?

That would be wicked, get down to 500 feet skimming the ground with passengers on board, taking the plane to its limits, can you do loop the loop in a 747?
vibrio
Banned

1st Sep 05 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I liked chuck yeagers flight combat. you could attack B17 with F4E phantoms
Cybermonkey

1st Sep 05 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I do enjoy flight sims but doing a 9 hour flight with nothing happening would bore me, could you not be attacked by Me262's and you have to evade them? Surely a 737/747 is as fast if not faster than a 262?

That would be wicked, get down to 500 feet skimming the ground with passengers on board, taking the plane to its limits, can you do loop the loop in a 747?

you could theoretically loop a 747, a near empty 747SP in shallow dive can almost break the speed of sound, so yes faster than than a ME262.
ME262 had a maximum speed of about 500mph, so similar to a 737
Ojc

1st Sep 05 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
I liked chuck yeagers flight combat. you could attack B17 with F4E phantoms

You can do that in Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, Fairy Swordfish against F18 Interceptors.
Cybermonkey

1st Sep 05 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oliver, im downloading an ME262 right now to fly over the Reichstag. pics soon babe xxx
Ojc

1st Sep 05 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WOOOOO YEAH BABY KISS ME
SJW
Banned

1st Sep 05 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 747 would stall way before it managed a full loop
GREG 1

1st Sep 05 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like i need to register as i can't find this file ?
Cybermonkey

2nd Sep 05 at 02:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SJW
a 747 would stall way before it managed a full loop

a 747SP in shallow dive could loop if it reached mach 0.96, whether the airframe could handle the stress is another thing though
paul_spurrell

2nd Sep 05 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from here:http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a1_262.html

Is it possible to roll or loop a 747 or DC-10 loaded or empty? I have a bet with my roommate and he says the wings would shear off. I say it could because otherwise they wouldn't allow it to fly people. --Todd J., Evanston

Dear Todd:

No one has ever tried to get fancy with one of the Big Birds, but there once was a Boeing test pilot who, in a moment of frivolity, took it into his head to execute a barrel roll in a 707. He made it, but he didn't exactly endear himself to his superiors. The consensus at Boeing seems to be that a 747 would probably survive a barrel roll, but to try it would be, and I quote, "an extremely foolish action."

The problem is not so much with the strength of the wings, which are designed to stand much greater pressures, as with the skill of the pilot. Enough forward speed must be maintained during the roll to compensate for the loss of lift that occurs when, in effect, the wings cease to function. That happens when the wings are perfectly perpendicular to the ground--in the vertical position, they can no longer hold the plane up. In a small plane, the problem is minimal: the wings spin out of the vertical position in a split second. But in a larger plane that takes longer to roll, the margin for error is increased, and the fatal moment could be stretched out enough to pull the plane down.

Looping a 747 or a DC-10 would be trickier still. (Bear in mind that a "roll" means you flip to the right or left; a "loop" is roughly analogous to a backwards somersault.) You'd have the problem of lift again, at the moment when the tail is down, but it would be harder to overcome, since the plane must be climbing, not merely maintaining its altitude, at the same time. One way to get a plane to climb is to make it go faster (increasing the speed increases the air pressure under the wings, which is what holds the plane up in the first place). But there's some doubt as to whether a 747 or a DC-10 could achieve enough forward speed to deliver the extra shot of lift that a loop would require. Boeing suspects its planes could make it, but since no one has ever been silly enough to try, there's no way of knowing for sure. So it looks like your bet is a draw.

--CECIL ADAMS

Cybermonkey

2nd Sep 05 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually Paul, when Airbus were developing and flight testing the A320, the main flight control system and back-up systems messed up, and the aircaft managed to loop-the-loop, it was caught on film too
Cybermonkey

2nd Sep 05 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the other problem is that fuel would stray from the pumps and cause the engine to flame-out mid-roll
paul_spurrell

2nd Sep 05 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that bit of text was actually from the 1970's so is a bit old now. I have seen the vid of the boeing test pilot doing the loop. It looks very scary
GREG 1

8th Sep 05 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh havent done this mod yet !!
GREG 1

16th Sep 05 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done this mod last night, couldn't get it to watch a plane take off or land though ?

Any ideas Dave ? i did asterix the line i wanted but nothing moved it was stationary like i was at a gate (with no plane)
Dave M

17th Sep 05 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
actually Paul, when Airbus were developing and flight testing the A320, the main flight control system and back-up systems messed up, and the aircaft managed to loop-the-loop, it was caught on film too

i work on them!!!
Cybermonkey

17th Sep 05 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by korsa_c
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey

i work on them!!!

cool, where abouts do you work?
jammo20

17th Sep 05 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he works bae systems

New Poll