corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What tyres on 15's?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What tyres on 15's?
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
17th Nov 05 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

195/45/15 looks best i think and isn't too pricey
jonnysri

17th Nov 05 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i got mine from motorworld and insisted on low profiles
Demo

18th Nov 05 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only problem with a 45 profile at that size (195/45/15) is the fact that the gearing will be out cos the rolling radius of the wheel wont be correct.

if you stick a 195/50/15 on it will give the same rolling radius as whatever 14" tyre vaux originally put on.

personally i would stick with a 50 profile but its up to you of course and down to personal preference

my dad had a cav sri back in the early 90s and he had the wrong profile tyres put on it and the gearing was fucking terrible. it used to be revving its tits off just going down the motorway at about 70mph
3CorsaMeal

18th Nov 05 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work out that a 15" rim with 50 profile is 15.65mm bigger in o/a dia than a standard vaux rim

and a 45 profile is only 5.9mm bigger

so a 45 profile is nearer to standard rolling radius

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What tyres on 15's? 23 database queries in 0.0105300 seconds