corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Police cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Police cars
mwg

User status: Offline
7th Dec 05 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PIE CJ
North wales police use Ford Galaxys and u can visable see how low the suspension is on them, i always chuckle to myself when i see them go past !

The suspension is changed on the Galaxys as they are more often than not the armed response unit so carry a hefty safe around with them. Thats partly why they are lower
PIE CJ

7th Dec 05 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well all the ones i see are used to patrol the A55
mwg

7th Dec 05 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they are traffic patrol cars and armed response vehicles all in one. Not just solely armed response
GazBevan

7th Dec 05 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PIE CJ
Well i know for a fact plolice cars get modified.

North wales police use Ford Galaxys and u can visable see how low the suspension is on them, i always chuckle to myself when i see them go past !

and yes a large no. of T5r's are chipped (increase boost n fueling - hence more power)

i second this as i live in north wales
Carl

7th Dec 05 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
essex police have a nova with kenwood sticker and washer jet neons

there the under cover cop cars arn't they? fit right in.

[Edited on 07-12-2005 by Carl]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Dec 05 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as this has been dragged up again il quote this from an actual traffic cop, none of this guess work game

"normally not.

standard patrol cars are normally something like a focus 1.8 diesel or another manufacturers equivilant.
pursuite cars normally a modeo 3.0 V6 or another manufacturers equivilant. nothing tweeked.

the only cars that are sometimes tweeked are the armed response cars, but even that most forces dont bother with anymore.

there is little need for it. most cars cant outrun a modeo V6 or something like the volvos and the cars that can the drivers cant always handle so it few and far between."
dna23

7th Dec 05 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dna23
They do, well my cousin worked at a BMW garage and they often had various police cars in and they carried out work on an M3 once doing various engine mods.

this follows on with wat Corsa_Sam said, it was an m5 and it was an armed response unit car i asked my cousin and when they played about with it the boot had a foam floor with various gaps and shapes for guns to be put into so it ties in
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Dec 05 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dad bought a ford granada coworth from auction which was an ex cop car, and i remember him taking it to benfield ford for them to sort fueling out or somehting and the mechanic said there was hardly anything standard in it! it was pushing out over 360bhp at the wheels!
myke

7th Dec 05 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1998 "Courtenay commissioned by Vauxhall Special Vehicle Operations to build Omega turbo for the Police."

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/default.htm?page=8
Black Stallion SRi

7th Dec 05 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a ex mk4 astra 3door now, its from thames valley police and its 1.7dti

engine mods are none as far as i know other than a bigger alternator. Bottom of the car is covered by a metal sheet (stop kirbs and stuff ripping stuff off the undercarriage i guess)

from the thames police webby

quote:

* heavy-duty brakes and suspension
* larger wheels
* heavy-duty battery and alternator
* police equipment mounting board and wiring harnesses
* special roof pod for mounting blue lights
* ABS and driver/passenger airbags for safety
* close ratio gearbox
* the cars are fitted with the basic level of trim (i.e. no normal radio/CD player or high level trim).

Car is fitted with the sri interior tho so that basic trim must be on about spoilers etc?

They dont bother putting tweeters in or speakers in teh rear whch every model has standard, they badge them up as envoys as well so super cheap insurance

suspension is heavy duty and raised to jump over stuff i guess makes my 17's look diddy lol

its cool ragging it around to cause its used to it lol and always feel like joining in a police chase

[Edited on 07-12-2005 by Black Stallion SRi]

[Edited on 07-12-2005 by Black Stallion SRi]
Kurt

7th Dec 05 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
quote:
Originally posted by SRi-Co
quote:
Originally posted by Edd
you are all talking shite all cop cars are fitted with resistors off of e-bay which gives them 50bhp gains at least

Thats 50bhp and 67000 lbft of torque edd

you forgot to mention all those vinyls add 100bhp too

[Edited on 07-12-2005 by kurtofcc]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Police cars 23 database queries in 0.0122230 seconds