corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » power capacitors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author power capacitors
oba-corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Dec 05 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it ok 2 have a bigger capacitor than u need like a 3 farad boss when u only need 1.5 or 2 fared will it still be ok ?
And will my bass be better the bigger I go with a capacitor?
c4rsa-sport

7th Dec 05 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bass will be the same as the polwer cap does not produce more bass it acts as a power storage unit so basically keeps a decent amout of power goin 2 the amp
Rob_Corsa

7th Dec 05 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Caps are used to supply the large bursts of current required to produce powerfull bass notes. If you have a cap already, using a larger one is unlikely to make any difference unless you have a very powerfull system.
infinitycorsa

7th Dec 05 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i suggest you dont use a cap at all, i would be inclined to put a second battery in the car with a split charge relay to cope with the extra load, a power cap will only supply enough power for a short busrts b4 it charges again , i really do think there a waste of money the onlt good thing is the voltmetre in then and there also usful for a door stop!

as for using a larger one you need the battery to be good enough to keep supplying this as well....i really do think there for looks and show use only
c4rsa-sport

7th Dec 05 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot i am going to be doing is getting a better altonater (duno how 2 spell soz) and also a better battery as doing this all the electronics in the car will be a lot beta
infinitycorsa

8th Dec 05 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i was you i would i just invest in a decent battery, dont skimp out ...buy a good one and you will hear the difference
Hilly

8th Dec 05 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a bigger battery, a bigger alternator and a 1.5 farad power cap. system sounds like nowt iv heard before, really good sound quality and bass. with 0AWG wiring

[Edited on 08-12-2005 by Hilly_34]
RKS

9th Dec 05 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i didnt have a cap i dont think i'd buy one!
ed

9th Dec 05 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They discharge and re-charge quicker than batterys, that is the benefit.... As for using one larger than you need. No point unless your alternator and battery can handle it, otherwise it's just another load on the already strained system.
oba-corsa
Premium Member

12th Dec 05 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can get a boss 3 farad 4 £15 pownd more so i thourt it would be beter geting a 3 than paying £15 less and onley geting a 2 farad?
Dione J

20th Dec 05 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Corsa
Caps are used to supply the large bursts of current required to produce powerfull bass notes. If you have a cap already, using a larger one is unlikely to make any difference unless you have a very powerfull system.

Toby
Premium Member

22nd Dec 05 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyine see the point in using caps i dont and every thing i jave heard bout them puts me off

New Poll