corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anybody Rose Jointed there corsa?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anybody Rose Jointed there corsa?
timrud_

User status: Offline
24th Dec 05 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next on my list of things to do to the car is rose jointing all the front end. Anybody on here done it?

Just wondering where is best to go? Only place I can think of is Demon Tweeks? Any other places to try, fancy saving some money lol
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

24th Dec 05 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will give amazing road feel, but will be a tad bumpy!

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
ed

24th Dec 05 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Harry Hockley is the company you want to speak to. Fully rose jointed front and rear ends can be done by them... Will make the car highly adjustable. Kinda overkill n a road car, but once set up would be great
Nic Barnes

24th Dec 05 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a page saved somewhere tim, does rose jointed tie bars and lower arms, cant find it right now, shall keep looking for you. its group a rally shit and about 900 quid i think
ed

24th Dec 05 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The HH setup is about £800 I'm affraid
timrud_

24th Dec 05 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know what they all cost! But I feel its worth it to make the power more usable!

I was going for mad power, and that was about it. Now I'm going for a tiny bit more power that is a lot more usable! Having a nice all round car I feel will give me more satisfaction that something I can only give 100% on a dry, straight, wide road!

So a slip diff, and rose joints (already got the top mounts for the suspention) are on the way!

The top mounts I got from demon tweeks. The clown ONLY gave me the tops, and didn't tell me I needed other things (well I didn't know either lol). So when mr usher put them on it got rid of so much of the old stuff it lowered the car by well over an inch (might of been two?). Anyway it wouldn't move, so had to raise it quite a lot, and it still catches a little on big bumps.

So I think Mr Usher is going to make something to sort it. Lad is a genius! Also he is going to make some rose jointed stuff for the gearstick/linkage
timrud_

24th Dec 05 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even just putting the tops on you can notice a differnce on the ride though, so looking forward to the whole thing getting done
ed

24th Dec 05 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the LSD first... AK is running big power on his Corsa, seems to work rally well according to him...
timrud_

24th Dec 05 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will all get done at the same time, well prolly rose joints first, actually I dunno!

Got to buy a diff, 2nd gear syncro and clutch for my spare box. As my current clutch is slipping, the box will get put in as soon as its done (would of waited until rebuild otherwise)

Will order rose joints and as/when they come I imagine they will get put on.

So doubt I'll get to try a diff on the car as it is now.
Nic Barnes

24th Dec 05 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top mounts feel a lot better dont they tim. lot more stable and more rigid.

lsd makes it a lot more driveable, well, more grip
timrud_

24th Dec 05 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I can imagine that the joints and diff do different things to the car, but together it should be a very nice combination I'm hoping!

Also finally going to do some rear discs. Even though I beat the Nova Van by a second on the 100-0 and he has bigger discs on the front and discs on the rear!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anybody Rose Jointed there corsa? 24 database queries in 0.0110950 seconds