corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » what paper to use for home printing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what paper to use for home printing
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
16th Jan 06 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

using my epson R2400 I tried Olmec optimum gloss, ilford smooth pearl, epson premium gloss.

I printed colour, B&W and toned pictures. I printed the images in two formats

1/ normal way. profile applied to image was the monitor calibration, then print preview paper profile chosen, black point clicks, relative colourmetric too, photoshop handles colour.

the Olmec gave a slight green colour cast on the colour print compared to the Epson and Ilford but correctable.

ilford was slightly darker than the glossy paper but colours still good. epson was great as usual. I tend to use the smooth pearl for most of my own pics but other people want the glossy effect.

for the black and white image the olmec was streets ahead of the epson which has a cast which I put down to the paper being not as white as the olmec. the ilford was great again. Olmec is the prefered option here.

for toned images like sepia the epson was better than the Olmec which was too white however the ilford gave the best results in terms of tone.

2/ image taged with paper profile and colour space in print preview was RGB.

the colour images were basically the same as above with the epson and ilford better than the Olmec. the Olmec had a really bad green cast on teh toned image and I'd not recomend this method at all. it was however very very good at reproducing what you saw on the monitor.

B&W pics printed on Olmec using the image taged with the monitor profile and the paper profile in the print preview selection

toned pics printed on Ilford prefered but epson PG just as good for colour rendition. would use the same as above to print

colour either epson PG or Ilford mooth pearl depending on the effect using the image tagged with the paper profile and using RGB inthe colour space option in print preview.

I will add ilford smooth gloss and Olmec optimum satin when they arrive also got some cheap glossy paper too to compare. I suspect the ilford smooth glos will be the same as the EPG for colour and toned as it is not as white as the Olmec paper

dave17

17th Jan 06 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shoulda got one of these, wouldn have any paper worried then

http://www2.dupont.com/Color_Communication/en_US/products/proofing/largo/largo.html
vibrio
Banned

17th Jan 06 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why would I need one of them. also a screen is emission and paper relective. they don't look the same. different paper gives different results witht he same ink. I'm not sure why I would want a large format proof printer

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » what paper to use for home printing 24 database queries in 0.0105128 seconds