corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Crash repairs???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Crash repairs???
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

User status: Offline
27th Jan 06 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How would a bodyshop repair damage to a side sill (body structure below the door) my lil bro's got a 2004 civic sport and he slid into a lampost and has mashed up his door and the frame under the sideskirt is severly dented?? Just wondered how they do it??
p4uls corsa

27th Jan 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new sill
they cut the old one out and weld new in its place
Graeme
Premium Member

27th Jan 06 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or it can be repaired by welding little metal spikes on with a kinda spot welder then using a sdlide hammer to bring it out but more than likely it will be a new sill which are just spot welded in!
jammo20

27th Jan 06 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will put it on a jig marc and pull it out how bad is it my grandads mate does this sort of repair
Graeme
Premium Member

27th Jan 06 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont need to jig it really unless anything is out of line!
we replace quite a few sills and have never had to jig one yet just because of that!
jammo20

27th Jan 06 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just thought about if i had chassi damage jig i dont no lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Crash repairs??? 23 database queries in 0.1159639 seconds