corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Exhaust question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust question
allza

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 06 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been looking to get a magnex 3" back box for my corsa b 1.2 sxi. However every place that sells them says that it soes not fit my model but only the 1.4 and 1.6. Why is this? Is it due to the bore size being slighly different? If so can it be clammped tightly to make it fit? Are there any 3" tail pipes that will fit. Im sure it has come up many times before but cant find an answer anywhere. Many thanks.
tooolbox timmy

2nd Feb 06 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am sure ull find some where that does a three inch tailpipe,a wudnt advice super clamping the box to your system will end up coming off,have a look around first m8i
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Feb 06 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NOOOOOOO... dont just clamp it and hope... it WILL blow like buggery, and probably fall off in the end

as far as i know, the backbox is the same on all corsas except the 1.0 12v

i sold a Remus backbox to M Sutton, who has a 1.2 8v, and it was originally fitted to my 1.4 16v, so i reckon you'll be ok

the only problem you'd have is if you were buying a full system, as the cat is in the manifold IIRC
allza

2nd Feb 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks. Its just ive seen other 1.2's on here with magnex systems. How did they manage it?
skell

2nd Feb 06 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who do back boxes for 1.0lts?
allza

2nd Feb 06 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep cat is on the down pipe. Just wanting a back box tho really but want one that i aint gonna have to bodge on if posiible. Want a 3" round one tho. Any ideas?
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Feb 06 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i might be wrong about the cat, but either way, most full systems are cat back anyway, so you just cut the pipe behind the cat to length, and clamp the new pipe over the top of it, in which case you'll be fine
allza

2nd Feb 06 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus i think 1.0 12v and 1.2 16v are the same?
ainsley_brader

2nd Feb 06 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can get a converter to downsize or usize the exhaust depending on how you look at it
allza

2nd Feb 06 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh ok will have to get an adapter then. Thanks a lot

[Edited on 02-02-2006 by allza]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Exhaust question 23 database queries in 0.0103412 seconds