corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 8v restrictor removal (Why) might aswell

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 8v restrictor removal (Why) might aswell
ed

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think my 2.0 Corsa will top out at about 130-135 max so I doubt some Punto 1.2 will do 140 FOOL!
m1ke

2nd Feb 06 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most engines are restricted and cant reach there full potentiol, as the companys have to make them more econmonical and less polotion etc
Edd

3rd Feb 06 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TNM
quote:
Originally posted by Edd
mr2 @ 140

oh wait........................

Erm Edd you talk bollox! I've had my MR2 @ over 140 and has a road andgel and GPS confirming the speed.

you really have no sense of humour do you
Cybermonkey

3rd Feb 06 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m1ke
most engines are restricted and cant reach there full potentiol, as the companys have to make them more econmonical and less polotion etc

no it is a permanent design feature, therefore its not a restriction.
Cybermonkey

3rd Feb 06 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ra5ax
mate we werent driving my corsa

i well dont expect anything like 140 out of my corsa at all but at the moment its topping out at 92mph just want to increase that to atleast a tonne

I know it sounds stupid saying it ws a 1.2 punto but thats all hed tell us Ilooked completly standard with all the badges stil on

ok, first off dont speed, you will only kill yourself since the brakes on the 1.2 8v is like dragging a flint-stone across wet tarmac, absolute shite. secondly, try 4th gear to get to the elusive 100mph, since 5th gear is an overdirve gear on the F10.
m1ke

3rd Feb 06 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

orignally posted by Cybermonkey

no it ent on most engines it is a restriction, it is all programed into the ecu etc, so it is a type of restriction on the engine, as it is not letting you have the full potentiol, just giving you standard help the envioment crap

[Edited on 03-02-2006 by m1ke]
j0hn

4th Feb 06 at 03:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:
Originally posted by ra5ax
mate we werent driving my corsa

i well dont expect anything like 140 out of my corsa at all but at the moment its topping out at 92mph just want to increase that to atleast a tonne

I know it sounds stupid saying it ws a 1.2 punto but thats all hed tell us Ilooked completly standard with all the badges stil on

ok, first off dont speed, you will only kill yourself since the brakes on the 1.2 8v is like dragging a flint-stone across wet tarmac, absolute shite. secondly, try 4th gear to get to the elusive 100mph, since 5th gear is an overdirve gear on the F10.

too much ranting going on here!!!
My 1.2 8v takes ages to get there but 90-100 is the limit (5th gear maxes 90mph)...usually sits at 90mph on m25 for a fair bit stays comfortable-bit annoying theres no power left because lets face it most people drive OVER 70..therefor i feel speeding in this case is justified..saying that 6 points on my licence contradicts that opinion..
Cybermonkey

4th Feb 06 at 05:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

no it ent on most engines it is a restriction, it is all programed into the ecu etc, so it is a type of restriction on the engine, as it is not letting you have the full potentiol, just giving you standard help the envioment crap

what about EGR, inlet design and exhaust design then? if you get a standard small capacity engine and try and get the most of it from a programmable ECU on a dyno, you are not going to see much, if any gains at all
Cybermonkey

4th Feb 06 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rev limit is to stop you doing permanent damage to the engine and EGR is for emissions too
Ry_B
Banned

4th Feb 06 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:

what about EGR, inlet design and exhaust design then? if you get a standard small capacity engine and try and get the most of it from a programmable ECU on a dyno, you are not going to see much, if any gains at all

exhaust design is mainly the only one i can think off, thats why they put cats on etc, for emmisoms etc for the envoiment and it is the engine that they restrict, by telling it how much air etc to bring hot air in etc, they set the rev limit . which can all be undun so it is a type of restriction

LOL!!

Rev limit is to stop damage to the engine....not to help the environment
ed

5th Feb 06 at 02:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engines on small cars aren't restricted. They are designed with a specific task in mind, with specific power and torque figures in mind for specific market groups.

It's only on cars with powerfull engines such as a few Jap and German cars where the TOP SPEED is restricted. This is nothing to do with power restricting.

I suggest you read up on engine tuning.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll