corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Problems with webcam

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problems with webcam
Planty02

User status: Offline
4th Feb 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK I've bought a webcam with an itegrated microphone

When i try to use it on MSN the setup wizard sets my speaker volume, sets the microphone volume, but when it comes to setting the camera up it restarts the PC.

I have turned automatic restarts off within windows and it now give an error concerning: DRIVER_IRLQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - its a Blue screen error btw, dumping memort etc.

Its seems to be when the camera is used (but the microphone is fine ) - I have tried to use some of the software that came with the camera but the sam thing happens

Cheers
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Feb 06 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definate hardware conflict, you been to the vendor web site and tried to get latest drivers?

Whats make/model number of cam and what OS you running?
Planty02

5th Feb 06 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a cheap PC line one from PC world - theres no websites on the box/packaging so i cant find any drivers anywhere.

Ive got it working on my laptop but i need it on my PC.

Both computers are running on windows XP but when i set it up on the laptop the setup process did some kind of file update but this didnt happen on the PC
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Feb 06 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first thoughts are that its not fit for purpose and you should return it, but then you'll probably come out spending more on another brand, so thats not really a great solution.

The other things to try are removal of any additional devices in the PC which might also be involved in the problem, ie. other USB devices or anything else which is not absolutely essential.
Planty02

5th Feb 06 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its a software issue tho because when i ran the setup program on my laptop it ran some kind of windows file update type window (in a seperate window). but when i ran the same setup on the PC this dd not happen
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Feb 06 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed it is, but without knowing where to get drivers you're kind of stuck.

You have the latest Windows updates installed on PC?
Planty02

6th Feb 06 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah think so - i got the auto updates set up

New Poll