corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » AOL HELP!!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AOL HELP!!!!!!!!!
ferrari1783

User status: Offline
4th Feb 06 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had trouble with AOL since ive had it and thats 12 months.the green little arrows in the corner of the screen keep turning yellow every couple of minutes for about half a second then go back to green and ive contacted aol loads of times about this and all they keep telling me is my lines fine and have i connected everythink properly.

when the green arrows turn yellow a little box appears in the bottom right saying "LOCAL AREA CONNECTION 2" and underneath that it says "A NETWORK CABLE IS UNPLUGGED".

ive just bought a new computer cause i broke the other one and i thought this problem would go away but it hasnt.

this gives me problems cause i can never download anythink cause those arrows turn yellow

can anyone point me in the right direction

cheers
eightball

4th Feb 06 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you using a telephone extension cable or a proper RJ11 cable? this was happening to me with the phone extension, was advised to get an RJ11 - this cured it. hope this helps.
PaulW

4th Feb 06 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check make sure the microfilters are all connected properly, and call BT aswell to log a possible fault

if AOL refuse to fix it, say either they do fix it or you will go elsewhere
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Feb 06 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is anyone using the phone while this is going on?

Is the computer connected via an extension lead or straight to the master socket in the house?

Can you plug it in to the master socket and run it for a bit see if the problem is still apparent?
John

5th Feb 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you using a router/modem outwith the computer?
That would come up if the computer was loosing the connection to the router instead of the router loosing synch on the line.
Bart

5th Feb 06 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Is anyone using the phone while this is going on?

Is the computer connected via an extension lead or straight to the master socket in the house?

Can you plug it in to the master socket and run it for a bit see if the problem is still apparent?

Pretty much as ian has said.

If you get it every evening, try unpluggin all the phones in the house so no bugger can use them and try surfing.

But it does sound like a splitter problem.
ferrari1783

6th Feb 06 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it goes straight into the main socket and i havent got a phone connected to the socket.and thats the only phone socket in the house.keep getting told it might be somethink to do with bt like a fault in the line or somethink.i wrote it down wrong at the top the yellow arrows stay for about half a minute not half a second.

[Edited on 06-02-2006 by ferrari1783]
WATSON

6th Feb 06 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a filter then plug it into the phoneline
Paul

7th Feb 06 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly,

Make sure that you have a filter inline, then make sure that the equipment is connected correctly i.e no tight cables etc. Then give BT a call on 150 make sure that there are no faults on the line etc. After that give AOL a call and ask them to check there end and make sure that they are seeing no erros.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » AOL HELP!!!!!!!!! 25 database queries in 0.0213258 seconds