corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP WITH INSURANCE AND LICENSING

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP WITH INSURANCE AND LICENSING
LIAM1

User status: Offline
1st Jul 05 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently had my car stolen and it was found smashed up and the insurance have wrote it off. when i took my insurance out i stupidy decided to take some bad advice and not declare my 9 points. now the insurance company want to see all my documents even though it was stolen. everything is ok apart from the 9 points that is wrote on the green a4 drivers license counterpar. they have asked for both card and this paper. i need any ideas to help how i can send this paper off without the points on or how to go about getting a fake one. not a fake card just a fake counterpart think its an e11 or something. is there any solution that has been made to erase biro ink????
or if i ring dvla and ask for a new one whats chances it would come back clean? ive had the points for about a year and a half so they havent cleared.
please only reply if you can help.................
many thanks
Cybermonkey

1st Jul 05 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest, sending them fake shit wont work. they see that stuff everyday, will see through it like glass, you would be digging yourself a hole. Just grovel as much as you can and hope your insurance is still valid, otherwise game over.
PaulW

1st Jul 05 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chances are... it wont be valid...

you will then be done for insurance, driving without insurance, whatever else they throw at you & depending on how long you currently had the cover till now, will make it more & more serious...

ban...
upto £5000 fine...
prison...

wont be nice!
LIAM1

1st Jul 05 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit....thanks for replies.
think im going to just send the card bit off and hope they dont ask for paper sheet. if they do am gunna say i cant find it and hope and pray they cant be arsed waiting around for it.
ring dvla and ask for a replacement and pray that the unlikely chance it comes back clean.....or go to dvla and set fire to there computer records.

sunshine beast

1st Jul 05 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just dont go ahead with the claim say u have decided not to claim through the insurance
LIAM1

1st Jul 05 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then do what? car is at a salvages. ive seen it. its no wonder it was wrote off. what could i do? try get someone to fix it and get it towed there from salvages? its a wreck at minute. really stuck on what to do. got so much to think about i.e concequences etc.
boooooooooooo
M2RTY

1st Jul 05 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is a way......

when u pass ure test, send off for your licence, then a month later send off for a replacement as u "lost" yours

this now gives u a clean licence to use in these situations, and another for the points to go on

but its too late anyways
ahem, did i say that?......
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

2nd Jul 05 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RV H
there is a way......

when u pass ure test, send off for your licence, then a month later send off for a replacement as u "lost" yours

this now gives u a clean licence to use in these situations, and another for the points to go on

but its too late anyways
ahem, did i say that?......

great idea that one
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jul 05 at 01:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You won't get done for driving without insurance as you weren't driving, and unless it can be proved that you have used the car on a public highway at other times, you won't be done for that either.

Good job someone else crashed it and not you.

As for the insurance you really do need to be honest with them. They may be kind given that your points doesn't really affect the theft directly, but they would be within their rights not to pay out as they can forclose at any time in the contract whenever they discover information inconsitent with that on which the policy is calculated.

I hate to be a wise-ass but you know what I'm thinking to sum this post up...
LIAM1

3rd Jul 05 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh cheers for the replys........any more help wud be good.
m2rv thats a right idea. think it costs 20 quid to get a replacement but that is a rite idea. wish i had of done it.
now all i need is an idea to actualy get me out od it.
ian what do you really think i should do i.e stop claim get car, try go ahead and hope points dont matter etc.
any advice would help.
thanks
LIAM1

3rd Jul 05 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did fill the application for insurance online-how about if i say that i was sure i did declare points when i filled it in. i cant remember signing anything.
2600 for my car is a shit price anyway had my headunit and other belongins pinched aswell
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jul 05 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just be honest with the insurance company and see if they decide to honour the claim. If not then the car is still legally yours to collect and salvage/strip/repair whatever.
LIAM1

3rd Jul 05 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by being honest do you mean actualy highlight the fact thati havent declared the points?
im going to view the motor again with a mate who fixes uo smashed car to see if its repairable and how much. if not how much do you reckon a wrote off car would be worth if i sold it to the salvages and didnt claim. at minute i dont want to claim at all-insurance would be silly next year and all for 2250 after excess??
car cost me 4000 a year ago.
all because some b@stards stole my motor. it really isnt fair at all. this on top of the 6 car break ins ive had. must have been throught 7 headunits now
j0hn

5th Mar 06 at 03:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

harsh. all the best just see wot they say and accept wat happens, im on 9 points i think myself, been flashed on m25 on monday @ 85mph, hoping nothing comes cos was on overhead camera but if it does il cry but take it like a man
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Mar 06 at 04:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old post

New Poll