corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats the law regarding............

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats the law regarding............
Corsa--Combat

User status: Offline
16th Mar 06 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

window tints? have been told that you can darken the back windows as much as you want but cant touch the front, but have also been told you can tint the front ones to a certain exctent! pls help!
ALAN_MACAULAY

16th Mar 06 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was mentioned somewhere the other day as well.

Behind the B pillar they can be as dark as you want, the fronts have to have a transparency of at least 70%, which I think is what most vauxhalls come with as standard.
ALAN_MACAULAY

16th Mar 06 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was mentioned somewhere the other day as well.

Behind the B pillar they can be as dark as you want, the fronts have to have a transparency of at least 70%, which I think is what most vauxhalls come with as standard.
Corsa--Combat

16th Mar 06 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks?
Greg_M

16th Mar 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can not apply any tiniting film forward of the B pillar at all
abdus

16th Mar 06 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

driver and front passenger windows must only be treated with a very light tint.
The back windows can be done with any shade.
The front windscreen must be free of any shading, apart from a sunstrip across the top.
Driver, front passenger and windscreen must comply with new visible light transmission regulations.

Driver and front passenger minimum 70% visible light transmission

Windscreen minimum 75% visible light transmission

Greg_M

16th Mar 06 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, see again my previous post.
CCA

16th Mar 06 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can apply it but it has to be really light
Greg_M

16th Mar 06 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wrong again,

Amendments to Legislation During the early part of 2004, Section 32 of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations will be amended to include “Window Tint Films”, where such materials attached to the glass are capable of reducing the Visible Light Transmission of forward windows to below prescribed levels. These changes will be back-dated to become applicable from 1st January 2004.

This will effectively ban virtually all tinted films fitted to windows forward of the B-Post on any vehicle that is to be driven on UK roads.
CCA

16th Mar 06 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It says ban virtaully all, but not completely all.

Depending on where you were to take your car to get the windows done they can add a ligth tint or you can sign a disclaimer and get darker tints
Greg_M

16th Mar 06 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get them done, im not disputing that fact but the law states (which the question is concerned with) that you cannot apply any window tinting film forward of the b pillar.

untill people are taken to court and prosecuted, which has not to my knowledge happened yet, you will still be able to get them tinted
CCA

16th Mar 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get the fronts done within the light transmission levels
Greg_M

16th Mar 06 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can yes, doesnt mean it 100% legal tho does it.

and if your in any doubt a surgest you do a search on here or read http://www.pentagonglasstech.com/news_legal_update.asp

[Edited on 16-03-2006 by Greg_M]
Magik-Munki

16th Mar 06 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greg i correct.. ALL tints are illegal.. all cars come with glass thats alreaded tinted (say 15% tint) even if you add the lightest of all tinting films to the window it pushes the level beyond the legal level. lol... its criminal these stupid laws.... police cars themselves have windows that are beyond the legal limit,and they can drive at high speeds chasing cars through built up areas..is it really a safty issue or just a money issue?
Carl

16th Mar 06 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Magik-Munki
Greg i correct.. ALL tints are illegal.. all cars come with glass thats alreaded tinted (say 15% tint) even if you add the lightest of all tinting films to the window it pushes the level beyond the legal level. lol... its criminal these stupid laws.... police cars themselves have windows that are beyond the legal limit,and they can drive at high speeds chasing cars through built up areas..is it really a safty issue or just a money issue?

Its more of an issue that a line has to be drawn somewhere so might as well be none, if they say, yes you are allowed 50% tints people would try their luck and put 70% ones on and say, "its only a bit different"
Might as well say, no tints allowed, then there is no arguements.
Magik-Munki

16th Mar 06 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i suppose... still bloody stupid.they'll only end up making them legal again one day lol.. like they did with neon lights, simpson bike helmets and so on
Carl

16th Mar 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Magik-Munki
yeah i suppose... still bloody stupid.they'll only end up making them legal again one day lol.. like they did with neon lights, simpson bike helmets and so on

I doubt they will, aint it alot to do with drive-bys etc and being harder to describe/spot criminals or people they are after?
Magik-Munki

16th Mar 06 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i read about the drive bys being another reason... it didnt stop drive-byes happening in the US.... i see the reasoning behind it but still think its pathetic really...but thats how things are here... how long have guns been banned and how much has gun crime risen since the ban? . lol pisses me off and i dont even like tinted windows =P

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats the law regarding............ 23 database queries in 0.0380630 seconds