corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2.0 ectoec power cap tuning

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0 ectoec power cap tuning
johnny27

User status: Offline
21st Mar 06 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My father has a vectra sri140 Is there any intake mods like a powercap like for a redtop that fits the ecotec? or anything like the mantzel inlet for the 1.6gsi corsa that fits ecotec 2.0?
If so what sorta power could be expected from these mods?
Anyother decent mods, apart from the traditonal mods like 4 branch, cams, remap etc
tooolbox timmy

21st Mar 06 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the top hat for the redtop wont fit unfortunatly,but saying that the ecotec comes with a rubber top hat as standard,there are a fair few parts out there available for the x20xev as I happen to have one myself

[Edited on 21-03-2006 by tooolbox timmy]
johnny27

21st Mar 06 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what excatly are these tophats, and what are the benefits, power gains? What part do you have? sorry i don't have a clue about these ecotec's
tooolbox timmy

21st Mar 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest unsure of the benfits as there isnt one available for the ecotec .I have the ecotec in the corsa with a lightweight flywheel and cams,there are various other parts available such as manifolds ,uni-chips and people cable of doing head work

[Edited on 21-03-2006 by tooolbox timmy]
tooolbox timmy

22nd Mar 06 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a top hat just replaces the sfi air box,but ecotecs dont have an sfi air box,so your laughing
johnny27

22nd Mar 06 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there any good bolt on mods for the intake manifold? Like what there is avaible for the 1.6 xe as so on. The reason i'm not intrested in the head work, cam's and so on is that my father would prefere not to have to touch the head, because the car is running fine, and once the head has been taken off the car, we always found the the engine is never just the same. same goes for any engine, most ppl will tell u that thru experience. If its not broke dont fix it.
tooolbox timmy

22nd Mar 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its done properly,you will see nothing but benefits,

http://www.regal-auto.co.uk/ -try them for bolt on mods

[Edited on 22-03-2006 by tooolbox timmy]

New Poll