corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what car up to 7k?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what car up to 7k?
Johnyboy18

User status: Offline
27th Mar 06 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another 'what car' thread (sorry), hopefully selling my car within this month and im lost for what to get, up to 7k. Like Clio 172s, thought about another 106 gti, ibiza cupra - something fairly quick. But on the other hand, considering getting something economical like a clio diesel. What car would you buy up to 7k and insurance group 16. John
N90ATH

27th Mar 06 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright mate it was u the other night at riverside reatil wasnt it lol

u though about a vw golf tdi great economical and gd perfromance, dnt look too bad either
Steve
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ibiza or leon cupra, maybe golf anniversary
Johnyboy18

27th Mar 06 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N90ATH
alright mate it was u the other night at riverside reatil wasnt it lol

u though about a vw golf tdi great economical and gd perfromance, dnt look too bad either

yeh, gf wanted a mcflurry - pathetic lol! Am looking at golfs atm. What car would you get for up to 7k?

steve - havent looked at the anniversary golfs (know they are pretty nippy though). Parents have a cupra - feels quick. u recommend them then?
Steve
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed, i recommend them with a remap
N90ATH

27th Mar 06 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me personelly for 7k i would look at maybe a golf gti mk3, seat/ibiza cupra or a 106 gti
Steve
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine with a 500 pound remap is faster than my 106gti that had £'s spent on dastek engine mangement systems, 421 manifold group n exhaust etc etc
N90ATH

27th Mar 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye i agree the cupra can be alot faster with a little bit of money. but i like the look of the 106 and they were a fun car to drive. think johns already ahd one so the cupra would properbly be better for him lol
Johnyboy18

27th Mar 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
aye i agree the cupra can be alot faster with a little bit of money. but i like the look of the 106 and they were a fun car to drive. think johns already ahd one so the cupra would properbly be better for him lol

defo looking at the ibiza cupras - like the yellow one's alot. How does the performance of the ibiza shape up to 172s, handling also?
N90ATH

27th Mar 06 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ummm not sure how they compare but at a guess the 182 is better handling as tehy stick like glue but gues sthe top end of the ibiza and 0-6 of ibiza is better. thats a guess though so splz dnt pick on me if i'm wrong lol
N90ATH

27th Mar 06 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also may be a idea to look at the cupra r as u get bigger brakes, oz wheels and something else i think
Steve
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Johnyboy18
quote:

defo looking at the ibiza cupras - like the yellow one's alot. How does the performance of the ibiza shape up to 172s, handling also?

when mine was standard i went past a 172 quite comfortably up a dual carriageway, also, well the leon anyway, is the best handling car on the golf chassis, cant comment on the ibiza, they only have 150bhp as std and a K03 turbo which wont map quite so high, but they are lighter

[Edited on 27-03-2006 by Steve]
Nismo

27th Mar 06 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Integra Type R
Tom

27th Mar 06 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
ibiza or leon cupra, maybe golf anniversary

Anny for £7k doubt it.

ITR
Steve
Premium Member

27th Mar 06 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youl get one for 7/8k

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what car up to 7k? 23 database queries in 0.0138149 seconds