corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » DIY wheel spray

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DIY wheel spray
craig_brux

User status: Offline
29th Mar 06 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wanna spray my wheels black, using spray cans, ive sprayed a few bits inside the car but i want to do my wheels. how much experience do you need to get a decent finish? ive got the time and patience as im going to put my steelies for a bit. im gonna use gloss black,
thanks
craig_brux

29th Mar 06 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely somebody has sprayed their wheels?any suggestions apreciated,
thanks lads
Hazman

29th Mar 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sprayed mine in gloss black. Basically i sanded them all down, i used some grey primer (checked it was ok on metals) did several thick coats of that, lightly sanding between layers to keep it smooth. The did several thick coat of gloss black, only sanding if it was really needed. basically, i just sprayed the black on nice and thick, cos its a gloss black i didnt think it needed any laquer. Its give a really good finish too
I can take some close up pics if you want tomorrow
Hazman

29th Mar 06 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont sand them with too rough grit, i recon 120 - 220 is quite good, and finish it off with something quite high just to make sure there are no scratch marks. if there is, after the base primer, you can spray some filler primer over it to fill them in. Sand it down to make sure its smooth. I would spray another coat of grey over the top, just so that the top colour is consistant. if you want to laquer the paint after then sand it down with 1200 grit wet and dry with lots of water, so it turns to a matt black. get out your laquer and give it a few decent coats. Sorted

If you have kurbed the alloys in the past and there are some deep scratches then some chemical metal will fill it in nicely.
Richie B

29th Mar 06 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've been doing mine today with spray cans, and have never done it before:

cleaned them, dried, rubbed down with 800 wet and dry

cleaned again, masked, grey primer. rebbued back abit with 1200 wet and dry

satin black a few times, then left to dry and a coat or 2 of laquer
craig_brux

30th Mar 06 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gonna do them when i have time, wot colour do you guys reckon would look good on my car

Hazman

30th Mar 06 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant see that pic i dunno if any one else can. what colour is it
craig_brux

30th Mar 06 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

red. if u cant see it...right click on the red cross, click properties then copy and paste the url into the address bar...sorted

New Poll