corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » X16XE mileage ???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE mileage ???
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Apr 06 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking at getting a 1.6 sport soon, but what mileage should i set as my maximum ?? i'm thinking about 80,000, what do you reckon ??

cheers

Steve

Mase
Mattss Corsa

7th Apr 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah sounds alright 80k, but millege means nuttin these days.... on old cars
Mase
Premium Member

7th Apr 06 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i suppose, but i was planning on modding it slightly with a mantzel etc. so i was wondering if paying that bit extra for a lower mileage model would be worth it ??

If i'm honest, i'd love to strip the engine and rebuild it, but it depends how reliant i'd be on the car to get to my placement etc...

Mase
Davido

7th Apr 06 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously you should be looking for as low milage as possible, but also service history is important id rather buy a 60,000 milage car with full service history and obviously looked after than a 40,000 with patchy history.
Mase
Premium Member

7th Apr 06 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah definetly, FSH is a must really.

I've seen one on 69k for £1795, which on the face of it looks like a bargin, however its bin on trader for a couple of weeks now, and all the other cars around it are getting on for doing 80k +, which makes me a bit dubious.

i'll probably nip and see it next week sometime though and see for sure...

Mase
Gaz

7th Apr 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i picked mine up for £1450
44K on the clock

6 months on it now has 56K Milage to me means nothing - i believe cars are to be driven and not to be sat on ya drive looking pretty
Ry_B
Banned

7th Apr 06 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
44K on the clock

6 months on it now has 56K Milage to me means nothing - i believe cars are to be driven and not to be sat on ya drive looking pretty

So would you rather have a car that had FSH and 10k miles or FSH and 100k miles?

Mileage is important but as long as it has FSH and has been looked after then I'd rather go for the looked after/FSH option.
Rob_Corsa

7th Apr 06 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
44K on the clock

Not quite getting that statement, agreed cars are for driving but inevitably they wear out throughout their life so one with less miles is obviously beneficial.
Gaz

7th Apr 06 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why would a car with 10k be more looked after then a 100K cars?
Ry_B
Banned

7th Apr 06 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldn't. I meant if they were both looked after then you would obviously choose the lower mileage one, meaning that mileage does matter
Gaz

7th Apr 06 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh, yeah i get ya...

but as long as parts have been replaced and its running sweet... i dont think a few thousend miles would bother me

i got lucky with mine

low milage / low price!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » X16XE mileage ??? 24 database queries in 0.0141871 seconds