corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rear Brakes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear Brakes
YT

User status: Offline
14th Apr 06 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been searching on here and found this http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=271941

Would the rear brake cylinders sticking cause my front brakes too not work as well as they should? Reason i ask is because my valver brakes dont appear to be working as they should and the problems in the link above are happening to my car as well

thanks YT
fragpot

14th Apr 06 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very unlikely.

That post is full of nonesense, the noise is caused by the the shoe sticking to the drum, when the handbrake releases, the shoe does not spring back to its idle position, as soon as the drum turns it causes friction, releasing the shoe and it springs back to its stationary position. The popping noise is the shoe hitting the metal divider that the back of the shoe rests against when idle.

The wheel cylinders always return to their idle position unless there was hydraulic pressure built up in the brake lines. Which wont really happen unless you have a hydraulic handbrake which is on or a very faulty master cylinder.

As for the poor performance, I suggest you do a full system bleed, check pad and disc thickness. Also if you your car is lowered you might want to look into the rear brake compersator thing.
YT

14th Apr 06 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just had new 2.0 16v brakes put on and my cars not lowered yet, i will try cleaning the drums out and re-bleed the system

thanks

New Poll