corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » How easy is it to fit smoked headlights!!??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How easy is it to fit smoked headlights!!??
corsaaa_16v

User status: Offline
13th Apr 06 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought some smoked depo headlights and recieved them today, was just wondering how eays they are to fit!!

I know the bumper needs taking of to fit them, and i found it quite hard to take the bumper off on my last car!! And now i have a Gsi front and GSI arches and they seem bonded together, so how do i get to the screws under the arch where the bumper and arch meets??

Also how many screws need removing and where are they, and how do i remove the bumper without damaging the arch where i mentioned, and how do i put it back on and get the arch in the same place??

Any help much appreciated or someone who would be willing to give me a helping hand who lives local to me??

Cheers
Gaz

13th Apr 06 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt take mine off mate, just swapped them over and aligned them up with some sticky tape on a wall...
Adam-D

14th Apr 06 at 05:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt remove my bumper
justunbolted the light and re-fitted the new one
marklawton

14th Apr 06 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont need to take bumper off mate,
pull all wires out from the back of them, undo the two screws at the side and top of the headlight and wiggle it out, and then do the reverise to fit them, should take about 20mins to do
corsaaa_16v

14th Apr 06 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il have a go!!
corsaaa_16v

14th Apr 06 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite struggled, and ran out of time, thinked ive plugged them back in wrong!! any chance someones got a bit of spare time tomoro and can come and help me!! i will drive, if its a reasonable distance, to you and you can help me!!?? cheers people!!
marklawton

14th Apr 06 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can do it for you, depends where you are and if you want to travel to me, my postcode is ch61 9pb, i have taken mine off about 4 times now and i fitted my mates smoked ones before, took me half an hour to fit his before
corsaaa_16v

14th Apr 06 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your about 60 miles from me!! unless you wanna come to me, i cant really afford it as my mileage decides the cost of my insurance each month, so id have to pay for petrol and my mileage!!
marklawton

14th Apr 06 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, not to worry,
PaulW

14th Apr 06 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

60 miles to you may be 5 to me

tbh can be done with bumper on, but i did snap off a mount on a new headlight once when i was lazy

all other times i removed the bumper, just makes it so much more easier to get too
corsaaa_16v

14th Apr 06 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but bumpers a pain int arse to get off aswell!!
marklawton

15th Apr 06 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive never broke anything when ive taken my headlights off before

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » How easy is it to fit smoked headlights!!?? 24 database queries in 0.0117960 seconds