corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England vs. Ecuador thread

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author England vs. Ecuador thread
--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
27th Jun 06 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sven will not drop the captain, enough said. Regardless of his performances on the pitch.
Cosmo

27th Jun 06 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
Sven will not drop the captain, enough said. Regardless of his performances on the pitch.

which brings up another question.....

No, I do know that he wont drop him. But I also think a capt shouldnt be immune from being dropped if he is playing badly. I mean if your capt is playing badly then thats going to have an adverse effect on the whole team (just like if Gerrard plays bad for Liverpool, or Terry for Chelsea, etc.)
--Dave--
Banned

27th Jun 06 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

totally agree mate.

Nobody is immune from being dropped, captain/'hero' or whoever you are. Perhaps Sven regards Beckham as someone everyone in the team looks up to no matter how he plays because of all the attention he's had throughout his career

[Edited on 27-06-2006 by --Dave--]
Cybermonkey

27th Jun 06 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

perhaps being captain isnt just about kicking the ball about no matter what you think of him, Beckham is a very strong leader, the players look up to him, and raises the morale if need be, as well as chirping orders if need be...
Cosmo

27th Jun 06 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
perhaps being captain isnt just about kicking the ball about no matter what you think of him, Beckham is a very strong leader, the players look up to him, and raises the morale if need be, as well as chirping orders if need be...

strong leader...how often do you see him having a go at other players unless they pick-up the ball to take an England free-kick?!!

Yeah he is probably looked upto as is experienced, but he is certainly no leader like Terry or Gerrard who can drive the whole team forward.
Cybermonkey

27th Jun 06 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

strong leader...how often do you see him having a go at other players unless they pick-up the ball to take an England free-kick?!!

Yeah he is probably looked upto as is experienced, but he is certainly no leader like Terry or Gerrard who can drive the whole team forward.

how often are cameras focused on any single player for long amounts of time
Cosmo

27th Jun 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
how often are cameras focused on any single player for long amounts of time

often enough to see Gerrard and Terry do it, and others in other teams

I know what you mean and he may do it (only when the cameras arent on him) but if he was having a go at people like he should, or driving the team forward like he should then the cameras would be on him as its good viewing. Happens week in week out in other games...just not for him!
Cybermonkey

27th Jun 06 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe so, i dont watch enough football anymore now im in auz. its all about the footie/rugby
Marc

27th Jun 06 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe all these slating Beckham posts. The midfield is working a hell of a lot harder than usual due to our strike force been pretty much nil. I've seen nothing wrong with Beckhams peformances so far, and we appear to be holding up quite well all things considering.
MR2Mike

27th Jun 06 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beckham is winning us games, gerrard + lampard arent, so why drop beckham?, (no offense anywhere in that text cosmo.... fire away with gerrard praise)
Russ

27th Jun 06 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
beckham is winning us games, gerrard + lampard arent, so why drop beckham?, (no offense anywhere in that text cosmo.... fire away with gerrard praise)
gerrard is scoring goals, once again you prove your a peenarse..
Cosmo

27th Jun 06 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
gerrard is scoring goals, once again you prove your a peenarse..

I nearly thought you wrote what Mike did then for a minute Russ, seems you've the same avatar.

Mike...Gerrard has scored 2 so far playing out of position. So yeah, he isnt winning us any games. And Im not saying Beckhams goals arent winning us games, they are. What I am saying is that is all he is doing per game. One thing. That isnt enough IMO. If someone like Lennon came into the team in his position then maybe we could score more goals and not have to hope for a free kick, or lucky own goal.

Russ...exactly.

<<  4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England vs. Ecuador thread 24 database queries in 0.0088930 seconds