corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How do you know if your exhaust is blowing ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do you know if your exhaust is blowing ?
Gregor

User status: Offline
28th Jun 06 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine sounds a bit different (in a good way actually) but for no reason on my part i.e modification.

I can't explain the sound but what exactly would be the symptoms of it blowing ?
Joe

28th Jun 06 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be a bit louder than usual thats about it really. Best bet is to have a look underneath and usually where its blowing it will be black and sooty around the patch.

Also when the exhaust is cold put your hand over the end just for a second see if you can hear it coming out of anywhere else when you block it up.
Ry_B
Banned

28th Jun 06 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sound is different....can't really describe it.

Put your hand around where you think it's blowing and see if anything is coming out
Gregor

28th Jun 06 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I cant explain it at all I would say that it sounds like it has more power and also like the noise is being contained and echoed ???
Mistamist

28th Jun 06 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will usually hear some hissing sound in with the usual rumble of your exhaust, it will also sound farty at low revs.
Will_Sport

29th Jun 06 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.6 sport sounds like it has a leak.

but it doesn't.

explain? makes my magnex back box sound poop cos its not as loud as the leaking sound.

had car up on ramps and everything having a good look round but no signs of leak anywhere. sounds like its coming from cat/centre box area? its all less than a year old as well i think
marklawton

29th Jun 06 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Will_Sport
my 1.6 sport sounds like it has a leak.

but it doesn't.

explain? makes my magnex back box sound poop cos its not as loud as the leaking sound.

had car up on ramps and everything having a good look round but no signs of leak anywhere. sounds like its coming from cat/centre box area? its all less than a year old as well i think

thats were i have got a leak on mine, and i have got a magnex cat back, lol

New Poll