corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Italian '4'

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Italian '4'
Conway563

User status: Offline
5th Jul 06 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't the Italian FA relegated clubs before for corruption?
Teddy

5th Jul 06 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ToonArmy
Haven't the Italian FA relegated clubs before for corruption?

Not of this size i dont think - and not this many clubs all involved at once.
Jules

5th Jul 06 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that if I were an Italian football fan (which I am) and living in Italy (which I'm not!) then if I saw these clubs get a serious punishment it'd go a long way towards restoring my faith and justice in the game and would be more likely to goto matches, can you imagine how fans of other clubs will feel if they get away with a slap on the wrists?
These are clubs (Juve in particular) that have cheated their way to several scudetto championships and in the process stopped other, clean, fair playing clubs their shot at the title, which in turn gets them them the better players that otherwise may of come to youur club, big money sponsors go to the champions, they get to play in the champions league where it should be other clubs.
It's not about what would happen to the football league following if they got relegated, it's about what would happen if they didn't!

imo of course....
Jules S
Premium Member

5th Jul 06 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Teddy
Its not a question of the CLUBS financial clout - its about the sport itself.
Attandances would drop, shirt sales and share prices would plummet, it doesnt affect the CLUBS on their own - its the whole sport.
I agree they should be punished but im confident they wont be dropped leagues. Not clubs of this size that are also important to European football.

I disagree with that.

If the clubs were demoted, I think more people (in real terms) would go to watch ie if Chelski were demoted to League two, i'm willing to bet more Bristol rovers fans would turn up to watch.....Italian clubs of that sort of magnitude will always have loyal supporters.

As for shirt sales/share prices etc.....a drop is only relevant to the clubs involved......meanwhile shirt prices and shares rise in the clubs that have been gifted a promotion
J da Silva

5th Jul 06 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The attendances wouldn't drop, but the quality players would leave, mainly to preserve their national selection above all and money. So you either rely on great players who are past their peak and the youth system bringing good players through, AC Milan have some cheek after the manager said that Juventus should give AC the 04/05 and the 05/06 Seria A titles they cheated their way to, yet they've been caught doing the same.
Robbo

5th Jul 06 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ Agreed, ridiculous... I think FIFA will force them to relegate them IMO

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Italian '4' 24 database queries in 0.0109200 seconds