corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Real raid Juve

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Real raid Juve
Nath

User status: Offline
19th Jul 06 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Real Madrid have raided scandal-hit Juventus for Italian World Cup winning captain Fabio Cannavaro and Brazilian midfielder Emerson.

With the Bianconeri suffering relegation to Serie B for their part in the Italian match fixing scandal a number of departures were expected from the Turin side, and now Cannavaro and Emerson have begun the exodus by linking up with former Juve coach Fabio Capello in La Liga.

The joint deal is worth €20 million (£13.7 million) and represents a considerable strengthening of the Spanish giants' squad under new president Ramon Calderon.

As soon as it became likely that Juventus would suffer demotion the two experienced stars were linked heavily with a switch to the Bernabeu, and they have now put pen-to-paper on two year contracts, with an option for a further year.

Cannavaro had been linked with Chelsea but will now open a new chapter in his career in Spain after lifting the World Cup with the Azzurri, whilst Emerson links up with Capello for the third club in succession after first working under the Italian at Roma.

What a bargain that is!! Cannavaro was easily the best player at the World Cup, and Emerson isn't too shabby either!

MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want cannavaro at man u lol
abdus

19th Jul 06 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were they on ebay?

bargain
J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an idea Emerson was going, they don't want Gravesen's services anymore and Pablo Garcia has problems with discipline.
Jules

19th Jul 06 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Emerson

Errr "nice" work Real! Proof that they will buy anyone with a name to sell shirts!
J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Emerson

Errr "nice" work Real! Proof that they will buy anyone with a name to sell shirts!

I rate him, what's wrong with his game?
nik

20th Jul 06 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gravesen would be a quality signing for someone in the Premiership. Rate him very highly indeed.
Jules

20th Jul 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Emerson

I rate him, what's wrong with his game?

Never rated him, I just don't think he's as good as he;s made out to be, always seems very anonimous in games to me, never really there, never really does anything noticable.
Just my opinion though.
J da Silva

20th Jul 06 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I was just curious Jules, I wasn't being awkward, I think he is meant to be used as the link between defence and midfield so the midfield can stay high up the pitch instead of someone dropping deep to collect, Emerson allows that, but fair shout on the annonymous thing.
Hammer

20th Jul 06 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 2 Italy full backs Zambrotta and Grosso were one of the shining lights of the World Cup for me, loved watching them bombing up and down the wing.

I think Zambrotta has matured into maybe the best full back in the world? and without a shadow of a doubt Cannavaro was the best player at the World Cup and possibly the best centre half alongside John Terry that there currently is.
Jules

21st Jul 06 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everytime whenI think of how Cannavaro delibertly played shit at Inter to engineer a move to Juve (we swapped him for the Juve number two keeper Julio Cesar who promptly sat on the Inter bench....) - it makes me mad!
But I am glad we signed Grosso before the WC

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Real raid Juve 24 database queries in 0.0113702 seconds