corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Impreza WRX

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Impreza WRX
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jul 06 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all about the pads, like Mr S says.

i had combination discs, they warped. i replaced them with standard plain ones, which didnt warp.

i also used standard pads, which were pretty damn good, but i dare say a decent set of pads helps a lot
SetH

21st Jul 06 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit dont race fluids attract a lot of moisture rendering it less effective? whats a comprimise fluid if your car is daily driver as well?

Id be happy with plain discs, but finding a decent aftermarket product that does plain is a bit tricky imo. Dont trust OE stuff.
Jules S
Premium Member

21st Jul 06 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
bit dont race fluids attract a lot of moisture rendering it less effective? whats a comprimise fluid if your car is daily driver as well?

Id be happy with plain discs, but finding a decent aftermarket product that does plain is a bit tricky imo. Dont trust OE stuff.

Im missing your point there Mark. (hope you dont mind calling you that)

Why do you need to get non OEM parts? I see on so many forums that 'this bit of kit is brilliant' but at the end of the day it just looks good and doesn't actually 'work'

The idea of vented/cross drilled discs doesn't seem to work tbh...the idea is that they cool quicker but they simply warp because of their reduced mass.

Seriously (as ive said i dont know scooby stuff) try some top end pads and fluid....you wil save £££

Jules S
Premium Member

21st Jul 06 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Just to add....

Its pretty much the opposite mate..its all a good fluid attracting less moisture
SetH

21st Jul 06 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont mind what u call me dude

I just live by the moto that OE stuff was designed with comprimises in mind between performance and cost. hence an OE disc is not designed to be beasted on a track, and thus will probably warp.

so what fluid would you reccommend then?
Jules S
Premium Member

21st Jul 06 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
dont mind what u call me dude

I just live by the moto that OE stuff was designed with comprimises in mind between performance and cost. hence an OE disc is not designed to be beasted on a track, and thus will probably warp.

so what fluid would you reccommend then?

Where are you to mate?

Im a bit worked out/knackered at the mo...let me know morrow...i'll let you know

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Impreza WRX 23 database queries in 0.1589031 seconds