corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Inter are Scudetto 05/06 champions!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Inter are Scudetto 05/06 champions!!
Jules

User status: Offline
27th Jul 06 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking get in!!!

Internazionale have been awarded the 2005/06 Serie A title by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC), it was announced on Wednesday.

The decision was made after Juventus, who had finished top of the table, and runners-up AC Milan were both implicated in the recent match-fixing scandal. Juve were relegated to Serie B as part of their punishment while Milan were docked 30 points from last season's total, leaving Inter the next in line to inherit the Scudetto.

Inter owner Massimo Moratti was thrilled with the news and told the club's website, www.inter.it: "I am completely satisfied for the assignment of the title to a club and team which have behaved correctly."

The title is Inter's first since 1989 and was awarded to the Nerazzuri after a three-man panel of Gerhard Aigner, Massimo Coccia and Roberto Pardolesi - working on behalf of the FIGC - agreed to assign the 2005/06 title.

"In the event of a title merely being revoked without modifying the classification, the title must necessarily remain unassigned," explained the report written by the three-man commission.

"On the contrary, in the event of sanctions that imply changes to the league table (such as point-deductions or enforced relegation), article 49 imposes the automatic assignment of the title to the team which are then first in the table after considering the sanctions.

"The title can be unassigned when there are ethical reasons (not to assign it), for instance when it is clear that the irregularities were so great in size and number to falsify the entire championship."

As Inter were not involved in the match-fixing trial, Guido Rossi, the FIGC's acting president, has followed the recommendations of the panel and awarded Inter the 2005/06 Scudetto.

The 2004/05 title, which Juve were also stripped of, has been revoked and will remain vacant for the time being.
gianluigi

27th Jul 06 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They deserved it. So many years come they've come close but bottle it on the last day

but as Mancini said on the last day of the season

"how are we supposed to win it, if its fixed"

Well done inter!

cunts
Jules

27th Jul 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know how much of a bitter pill it is to swallow Luigi, I've had to congratulate my best mate on plenty of scudettos in the past as he's a Juve fan - he's not replied to my text yet........
Marc

27th Jul 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did you send him?
Jules

27th Jul 06 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just said that Inter have been awarded last years scudetto, nothing nasty as I know he's really pissed about his clubs being found guilty of cheating, to be fair to him in the past though he has always said somethings seem strange when juve play and some of the decisions they get and he never gloats (that much) when Juve beat Inter - he's a top bloke so I won't rip the piss out of him too hard!
Cosmo

27th Jul 06 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how happy are you, compared to if you'd of actually finished top?

Im just trying to think what Id be like if Liverpool were awarded it after Chelsea and Utd being done for cheating. Im not sure if Id be as happy as if we'd actually done it, or if Id just take it as another championship in the record books.

Jules

27th Jul 06 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
how happy are you, compared to if you'd of actually finished top?

Im just trying to think what Id be like if Liverpool were awarded it after Chelsea and Utd being done for cheating. Im not sure if Id be as happy as if we'd actually done it, or if Id just take it as another championship in the record books.

Well technically we DID finish top, just a shame that is was a couple of months after the season had finished!
I can't imagine the Interisti in Milan are holding street parties (we'll have to save that for the end of the 06/07 campaign ) but it will be officially recognised as our scudetto which is no bad thing!

But, yes I'm very happy, it's scant consilation but consilation none the less.
Just have to get the scudetto badge on my new inter shirt when I get one now!
Edd

27th Jul 06 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would be bitter as fuck that i missed the chance to properly celebrate
Jules

27th Jul 06 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yeah, but not many Inter fans in Ipswich anyway so not gonna make a huge difference to me, but if I was living in Milan I'd be pissed I should imagine!
Hammer

27th Jul 06 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd honestly feel very anti climatic. Yeah you won the title by default but theres not that feeling of ecstacy when the final whistles blown on the game were you have the chance to wrap it up, can't beat that feeling imo.
Robbo

27th Jul 06 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH this is as stupid as Milan being allowed back into the CL
Robbo

27th Jul 06 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Champions in name only!
Robbo

27th Jul 06 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As hollow as... a big hollow thing
Nath

27th Jul 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You go Robbo
Cosmo

27th Jul 06 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

might not be yet, UEFA are saying if they are on Aug 2nd...gives milan time to come up with the right amount to bribe!
Jules

28th Jul 06 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

No it isn't, There is a procudure in place for this kind of event and as such Inter have been correctly awarded the title, the only way for the title to be made null and void is if so many of the league were proven to be cheating, this wasn't the case so Inter were awarded it.

quote:
Champions in name only!

And on merit I think you'll find, We (Inter) never had to have specific ref's help us to get results - we got the results on our own credit, so yes, we won the scudetto on merit.

quote:

OK you're boring me and tbh I've said my piece.

Champions in name and champions on merit, common sense and fair play has prevailed in this case where it has failed in so many others.
--Dave--
Banned

28th Jul 06 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules
gianluigi

28th Jul 06 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules, Robbo dosen't like Italian football full stop. Don't know why, but it's his preference, therefore he's bound to post crap that deminishes Italian Football in anyway shape or form. That and coupled with the fact I personally think he has the most biased view on football....more so than Cosmo
Jules

28th Jul 06 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Luigi i can't understand how any fan of fottball can't like football from whereever in the world it is played, and although I have no connections with Italy before you have to respect Serie A and Italian football for the fact that the team that won the World Cup all (maybe a couple of exceptions) plyed their trade in their home country - we can't say the same in this country.

More biased that Cosmo?! NFW, EMA, STFU, TBH, IMO, BBQ, ALDI!

[Edited on 28-07-2006 by Jules]
--Dave--
Banned

28th Jul 06 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst I like watching Italian football (as Jules said, a fan of fooball will watch it wherever it's played). I don't think it's as good as English football.

English football is played at a much greater pace and it's probably what makes me prefer it over Spanish, Italian, Dutch and even German football.
Robbo

28th Jul 06 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
Jules, Robbo dosen't like Italian football full stop. Don't know why, but it's his preference, therefore he's bound to post crap that deminishes Italian Football in anyway shape or form. That and coupled with the fact I personally think he has the most biased view on football....more so than Cosmo
Bullshit mate

I couldn't care less... other than the fact that the majority of the top teams cheated BAR Inter but that still doesn't mean they should be Champions by default...
Robbo

28th Jul 06 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Well Luigi i can't understand how any fan of fottball can't like football from whereever in the world it is played, and although I have no connections with Italy before you have to respect Serie A and Italian football for the fact that the team that won the World Cup all (maybe a couple of exceptions) plyed their trade in their home country - we can't say the same in this country.

More biased that Cosmo?! NFW, EMA, STFU, TBH, IMO, BBQ, ALDI!

[Edited on 28-07-2006 by Jules]
Absolute load of bullshit!! I dont not liek Italian football, i jus dont like the fact that top teams cheated, AC were still allowed (atm) intot he CL and Inter were awarded the title by default!
Robbo

28th Jul 06 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
quote:

No it isn't, There is a procudure in place for this kind of event and as such Inter have been correctly awarded the title, the only way for the title to be made null and void is if so many of the league were proven to be cheating, this wasn't the case so Inter were awarded it.

quote:
Champions in name only!

And on merit I think you'll find, We (Inter) never had to have specific ref's help us to get results - we got the results on our own credit, so yes, we won the scudetto on merit.

quote:

OK you're boring me and tbh I've said my piece.

Champions in name and champions on merit, common sense and fair play has prevailed in this case where it has failed in so many others.

so if there is a procedure in palce how come you werent awarded the scudetto for the previous season... jus because you didnt cheat and were the best of the non cheaters doesnt mean u shud be champions!

i wud think it was gay if arsenal finished 4th yet won by default because the others cheated!!
Jules

28th Jul 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because it can only be used retrospectively for the ONE previous season.

Well maybe you'll never be in that postition to be awarded a title by default, but like fuck would you not be happy about it! That is total BS! If you finished behind Chelsea in first and Man Utd in second, it was discovered that they had been cheating - you'd still turn your nose up at having another premiership award going to your club?
Bullshit, total and utter bullshit!

Oh and to correct you - Inter finished THIRD behind Juve (1st) and AC Milan (2nd), not fourth as you stated.
This arguement for me is over, I've answered your little digs about it being gay and hollow and by your own admission you have never been in the postition I am so you don't know how "gay and hollow" it feels, because speaking as a Inter fan I feel content, justified and above everything PROUD that we have been awarded the Scudetto!

Robbo

29th Jul 06 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phooey

If it can only be retrospectiviely once then that is a ridiculous rule!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Inter are Scudetto 05/06 champions!! 24 database queries in 0.0152390 seconds