corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » York City 'v' Leeds United 01/08/06

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author York City 'v' Leeds United 01/08/06
Marc

User status: Offline
   24th Jul 06 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly going to see York City play Leeds United at Kit Kat Cresent on 1st August, the stadium formally known as Bootham Cresent! York just narrowly missed the play offs last season and Leeds just missed promotion, both certainly a lot better than they were! York are actually pretty similar to Leeds, they've both improved greatly with a younger squad.

Not sure how York are going to play though, they started off really well last season and it went downhill from there on! They also don't play anything like a Premiership side and every player wants to be a hero!

They're certainly not the side that went to Wembley and got promoted to Div 2!!! Still, £10 on the stiles!!!...

[Edited on 01-08-2006 by Marc]
nik

24th Jul 06 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul Barnes, theres only one Paul Barnes
Marc

24th Jul 06 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was soo good, well he was compared to the rest! Carried the rest of them at times. Dean Kielly was too good as well, both moved on to better things. Kielly was i nthe Premiership last time I checked I think...

Thats the thing with York, whenever they get a good player they sell them.
nik

24th Jul 06 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember when Barnes' scored 5 in one game against Stockport Good signing but even better was we swapped him with the legend Andy Payton who went onto score well over 100 goals
Marc

1st Aug 06 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the big night tonight!!!

Any York/Leeds fans going?! I havn't been now for about 12 years!!!!
Marc

1st Aug 06 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

York City 2-0 Leeds United

It turned out it was mainly the Leeds reserves/acadamy player tonight. Nevertheless, York played brilliantly, a far cry from the team I used to see. They were passing the ball and constantly looking for their next move. At times I thought I was watching a Premiership side playing!, it was like watching a real football match. Early on York had a goal disallowed, but kept on attacking. York eventually scored properly in the second half shorty followed by another by Darren Craddock this could only be described as brilliant! Curled in to the back of the net just like Beckham taking a corner, we looked at each other in amazement!!

Shame we never got to see the strong Leeds team we were promised! They never looked like scoring.

Attendance was 1501, not bad for York! When they were doing really well they would get 3000+

Obligatorary picture! :

hehe.
Danny P

1st Aug 06 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember when I went to York (season they got relegated from the League I think it was) was losing 1-0 with about 3 mins to go then we scored 2 in the last minute to win 2-1. Was stood in that away crammed in with about 4,000 others. Dont think my feet touched the floor for about 5 mins after the second one went in

One of best moments i've had following Hudders
JonnyJ

2nd Aug 06 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YESSS! couldn't make this game as i had work but im glad we finally got our first win of the pre-season!

Craddock's goal sounds a good one wish i could of been there to see it! Cheers for the little report

I was also there at that game Danny, remember leading holding on for the win, was shattered when you got them 2 late goals Still one of my best memories of been a york fan was beating Huddersfield at the mcalpine (or whatever its called now) 2-0 i think it was

I miss league football
Danny P

2nd Aug 06 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

I was also there at that game Danny, remember leading holding on for the win, was shattered when you got them 2 late goals Still one of my best memories of been a york fan was beating Huddersfield at the mcalpine (or whatever its called now) 2-0 i think it was

Yeah I remember that game. Your first goal was a cracker, top corner from about 30 yards IIRC. You were top of the league for that game an all then you ended up getting relegated
JonnyJ

3rd Aug 06 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Yeah I remember that game. Your first goal was a cracker, top corner from about 30 yards IIRC. You were top of the league for that game an all then you ended up getting relegated

Haha we was, we won our opening four games.....it was all downhill from there

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » York City 'v' Leeds United 01/08/06 24 database queries in 0.0098999 seconds