corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Los Amigos 1 vs AFC Shellsuit 5

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Los Amigos 1 vs AFC Shellsuit 5
Ojc

User status: Offline
8th Aug 06 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were diabolical

Hi Guys,

Two weeks without football for most of the team contributed to the loss of this game.

The first half was very even & hotly contested with a number of half chances at both ends. Shellsuits took the lead with a finely struck drive from 20yds out low into the right side of Ollie's net.

Amigos came back with a fine move that put Jason clear. Unfortunately, he wasn't quite able to latch onto the ball. We had a few more half chances prior to the break.

0 - 1 Half Time

The second half started promisingly, with Amigos holding & moving the ball brightly. However, Shellsuits were marking well & again chances were at a premium.

The Shellsuits were using their Keeper well. He was dribbling the ball towards the half way line & distributing. On one occassion, he approached the halfway line & seeing us back away, hit a ferocious left footed strike into Ollie's top right hand corner of the net. What a goal!

Amigos were struggling to make chances & therefore Haywood switched Mick into goal to play as a sweeper/keeper. This change was rewarded with a goal from Marcel. At 1 - 2 the Shellsuit sideline were getting worried.

For the next few minutes Amigos pressured, & went close. Unfortunately, we couldn't score.

Eventually, Shellsuits' good marking & tackling helped them catch us in possession & created a number of breaks. Despite a number of fine saves from Mick we eventually caved in.

Result 1 - 5

Ollie - 7 (Some good close range saves but helpless for the first two goals)
Alan - 6 (A little out of sorts as team interplay was poor)
Marcel - 6 (1 Goal despite what looked like a hangover!)
Dave - 7 (Held the ball well & nearly scored)
Mick - 8 (A great all round game doing well at everything his manager asked him to do!)
Gary - 5 (Tried to make things happen individually, but ended up losing posession)
Jason - 6 (Some good pacy runs, nearly scored. Needs to work on finishing.)
Del - 5 (Lack of practice with the team meant reading the game was difficult, plus I didn't give him a defining role)

Manager - 5 Brave decision to go for it but got punished!

Lessons we have learnt -

Specify a Defensive player - we did this last time versus the Boyz. I'd suggest Mick/Del/Alan for this role.
Stretch the marking - width & one occassional deeper runner helps.
Simple stuff - Ball back to Keeper when nothings on.
Keeper/Sweeper - Keeper needs to come forward to distribute.
Push Out - Move up the pitch when our Keeper has the ball to stretch the play.
Subs - Maybe try TAG subs - the player comes off the pitch when ready for a breather (I think I made changes to give guys time on the pitch or out of frustration just when we had something developing!)

Next week Dave is acting manager (I'm on hols) for our 9pm match versus Redstar Rivermead (White & Blue). I'd suggest we wear RED SHIRTS next week.

Finally, we have a new player joining the squad - Paul Barnett. This brings our squad to 11 & concludes my signings in the transfer window!

Please confirm to Dave your availability.

Goals -

Marcel - 9
Alan - 2
Gary - 1

Good luck!

Paul
--Dave--
Banned

8th Aug 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love reading these little match reports Ollie. Shame you lost, better luck next week mate
Ojc

8th Aug 06 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its gutting because we had the best goal difference, and because 1st played 2nd lastnight and 1st beat 2nd we would have moved into 2nd, now we just look sh1te, totally out of sorts yesterday.
--Dave--
Banned

8th Aug 06 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure you'll learn from your mistakes

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Los Amigos 1 vs AFC Shellsuit 5 24 database queries in 0.0097580 seconds