corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool 'v' Maccabi Haifa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool 'v' Maccabi Haifa
Marc

User status: Offline
9th Aug 06 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this wasn't listed!

Come on Maccabi Haifa
--Dave--
Banned

9th Aug 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1-0

tell me this. What is the point of crossing the ball when there is only 1 liverpool player in the box?

--Dave--
Banned

9th Aug 06 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1-1 Bellamy
abdus

9th Aug 06 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1-1
Russ

9th Aug 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
1-0

tell me this. What is the point of crossing the ball when there is only 1 liverpool player in the box?

and hes 3feet tall
Mather.16v

9th Aug 06 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

liverpool look like germans in that kit
Danny P

9th Aug 06 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why they making such a big deal about the ground being nearly full.

All the people that claim to be Liverpool fans in this country, surley it be packed out
Nath

9th Aug 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Why they making such a big deal about the ground being nearly full.

All the people that claim to be Liverpool fans in this country, surley it be packed out

You wouldve thought so. People may be on holiday and stuff but come on, Liverpool are massive, that shouldnt affect them.
--Dave--
Banned

9th Aug 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2-1 liverpool
Russ

9th Aug 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FUCK ME! great finish.
Cosmo

9th Aug 06 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just back in from the game now.

To be honest Im fairly happy, we played as well as to be expected this early in the season and they looked like a well prepared side. Should have taken more advantage of our posession but that'll come by the time the season starts.

Pennant had a great game, and can only see him getting better. Bellamy did OK, but needs to form a solid partnership with someone to get the best out of him. Defence looked a bit short at times (Riise had a very poor game IMO) but again thats mainly down to lack of match sharpness.

And Ive already said watch out for Gonzalez in a past thread...he will be a big hit this season

And as for the ground, other than the away fans having a load of free seats, it looked more or less full to me, not sure what the tele was saying?
Sooty
Banned

9th Aug 06 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

poor scoreline for Liverpool conceded away goal
Cosmo

9th Aug 06 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
poor scoreline for Liverpool conceded away goal

yup, would of been better not conceeding. But Im almost 100% certain that where ever the next game is played we can score fairly easily. Its in 2 weeks so we will be alot sharper and more match fit.
dj_mikey_k

9th Aug 06 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back from the game too, i can't belive Gonzalez nearly fluffed up his chance by tripping over the ball

I think the scoreline reflected that we had a poor game, riise was piss poor and alonso had an off game, but as cosmo said, we're just getting sharp again

[Edited on 09-08-2006 by dj_mikey_k]
Marc

10th Aug 06 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good result for Liverpool. I have Gonzalez in one of my fantasy football leagues
Cosmo

10th Aug 06 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dj_mikey_k
Just got back from the game too, i can't belive Gonzalez nearly fluffed up his chance by tripping over the ball

I think the scoreline reflected that we had a poor game, riise was piss poor and alonso had an off game, but as cosmo said, we're just getting sharp again

Where abouts were you sat?

Alonso was an injury doubt, so wasnt bad seems he played 90mins, but for him it def wasnt his best game. Hyypia looked a bit off the pace at times too, but he is getting on now and think he will be phased out for Paletta or Agger this season.
--Dave--
Banned

10th Aug 06 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally thought some of Pennant's balls into the box could of been better. On more than one occasion he tried to cut it back low in front of the defence and they just cleared it.

Definitely one of Liverpool's better players. Riise was unlucky with the shot he had that went just wide of the post.
Cosmo

10th Aug 06 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I personally thought some of Pennant's balls into the box could of been better. On more than one occasion he tried to cut it back low in front of the defence and they just cleared it.

Definitely one of Liverpool's better players. Riise was unlucky with the shot he had that went just wide of the post.

his balls into the box werent the problem, it was the lack of men there! Its looking good though, as its been a while since we've had two out and out wingers who can beat men and cross the ball in, which Pennant and Gonzalez can both do.

Should be an easier win the next tie where ever it is played though, much more room to play as they have to come at us and get a goal.
--Dave--
Banned

10th Aug 06 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think some of his crosses were a bit below par, he was in acres of space and had plenty of time to get a more accurate cross in but just drilled it along the floor.

I'm predicting a 2-0 win for Liverpool for the return leg.
Cosmo

10th Aug 06 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I still think some of his crosses were a bit below par, he was in acres of space and had plenty of time to get a more accurate cross in but just drilled it along the floor.

I'm predicting a 2-0 win for Liverpool for the return leg.

he probably did, I need to watch it again on tele TBH to see. The balls low into the box would be better when Folwer and Bellamy are on though, as only small and goal poaching types (especially Fowler), but when Crouch is on it'll be different.
--Dave--
Banned

10th Aug 06 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would have been better if you had someone closer to the corner of the penalty area to pick up those type of balls.

I hear Benitez is looking to sign another striker in the near future?
Cosmo

10th Aug 06 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I hear Benitez is looking to sign another striker in the near future?

Has said he would like to sign someone and he has the money available, but its if he can get them for what he is willing to pay, as he will never pay more than what he feels they are worth (Alves, Simao, etc.).

Im expecting him to probably sign Kuyt for around £9-10mil, but if not Im not sure who else is available!
Tom

10th Aug 06 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we'll be such a stronger side with one more good striker. I have a feeling we will grow in confidence alot and our strikers will be fighting for their places if we get another one, can only be a good thing.

Agreed riise and alonso didn't have the best of games but that means shit. thought garcia played ok when he came on, and gonzalez did very well to keep control of the ball and score. Bellamy and gerrard - bellamy ran away fom him and straight over to crouch after he pretty muich elbowed gerrard out of the way to score
dj_mikey_k

10th Aug 06 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by dj_mikey_k

Where abouts were you sat?

Alonso was an injury doubt, so wasnt bad seems he played 90mins, but for him it def wasnt his best game. Hyypia looked a bit off the pace at times too, but he is getting on now and think he will be phased out for Paletta or Agger this season.

Lower ani road,
i was saying that when we was in the arkles before the that we've not played with wingers for about 2 years so it wud be strange. seeing us play with them

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool 'v' Maccabi Haifa 24 database queries in 0.0101759 seconds