corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Today's gossip

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Today's gossip
Tom

User status: Offline
10th Aug 06 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal have told Real Madrid that they want £16.5m for winger Jose Antonio Reyes. (The Sun)

Reyes has begged manager Arsene Wenger to let him leave Arsenal to join Real for the sake of the 22-year-old's family. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United are poised to bid for Brazil and Inter Milan striker Adriano as Ruud van Nistelrooy's replacement. (Various)

Chelsea will not be held to ransom by Arsenal over a deal for Gunners defender Ashley Cole. (Various)

Andy Reid looks set to leave Tottenham this summer, with Sunderland targeting the midfielder. (The Guardian)

Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge is in talks over a £3m switch to Newcastle. (The Sun)

Newcastle are poised for a £13m transfer splash for Bridge, Real Madrid midfielder Thomas Gravesen and Inter Milan striker Obafemi Martins. (Daily Star)

QPR want to sign Fulham striker Tomasz Radzinski on a season-long loan deal. (Daily Express)

Liverpool are closing in on Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt. (Daily Mirror)

Moroccan trialist Abderrahmane Mssassi will be given another week to see if he has a future at Dundee United after impressing in a run-out for the reserves. (Daily Record)

Derby want to sign Celtic midfielder Stephen Pearson, Arsenal striker Arturo Lupoli on a season's loan deal and Southend striker Freddy Eastwood before the weekend. (The Sun)

Man utd going for adriano
RyanSxi

10th Aug 06 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't see if, but if we get adriano. i can see us goin far this season
Mad Moe

10th Aug 06 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be happy with those three in at Newcastle before the beginning of the season
Jules

10th Aug 06 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adriano leaving?! LMAO

Paper talk, pure paper talk

Man Utd know that they need to be associated with a big name striker to replace RvN - this is just one name they have come up with.

IMO I'd not be surprised if Imbrahimovic were to join Man Utd as Juve have said he is avaliable.

EDIT: Scratch that:
Inter have won the race to sign Juventus striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the demoted Italian giants have revealed.

All three of the country’s major sports papers have today insisted that an agreement between the two clubs was reached last night and the club have confirmed the whispers this morning.

Although Juventus had initially stated that the player would remain before putting a £28m price tag on his head, he’s been sold for £17.7m.

Ibrahimovic is now expected to sign a four-year contract with the San Siro giants in a deal which will see him net £3m a season.

Milan were also very keen on the player who had made it clear that he would not play in Serie B this season.

However, Inter have beaten their city rivals for the super Swede by wrapping up negotiations on Wednesday.

Owner Massimo Moratti supposedly got involved in the discussions himself with a crucial phone call which secured him the services of the international.

They made their move after primary transfer target Luca Toni surprisingly reached an agreement with Fiorentina to stay a Viola.

Ibrahimovic’s arrival, after that of Hernan Crespo this week, will now probably lead to the departure of Obafemi Martins who is wanted by Newcastle and Liverpool.

Ibrahimovic, who now follows Patrick Vieira to Inter, arrived at Juve in the summer of 2004 after an £11.5m offer was accepted by Dutch giants Ajax.

Adriano, Crespo amd now Zlatan as our strikers, guess this means that Obi Martins will be leaving and Julio Cruz will be used as backup, would much rather Cruz left and Martins stayed though.

[Edited on 10-08-2006 by Jules]
Robbo

10th Aug 06 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ummm... Ibrahmiovic signed for Inter this morning for nearly £17m
Robbo

10th Aug 06 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4779251.stm
Jules

10th Aug 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See the edit
Robbo

10th Aug 06 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh yes
Marc

10th Aug 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like Newcastle are aiming to achieve something this season!
Conway563

10th Aug 06 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Looks like Newcastle are aiming to achieve something this season!

We always aim to achieve but then get injuries freddy shepherd panics sacks the manager gets someone crap in and throws money about and expects us to win the treble!
Marc

10th Aug 06 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah
Tom

10th Aug 06 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking that before about newcastle being pretty ambitious
nik

10th Aug 06 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graveson and Bridge would be good signings. Can see them doing well if the strikers start to score goals.
Tom

10th Aug 06 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gravesen is really good imo, bit fiery but sometimes that's what's needed
nik

10th Aug 06 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality player, always rated him
Mad Moe

10th Aug 06 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gravsen and parker would be a hell of a midfield pairing, couldn't imagine many players fancying square up to those two
nik

10th Aug 06 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Emre too, building a decent side there. Shame Owen's out for so long wonder if Lucae (sp) will start to perform?
Bram

10th Aug 06 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Rams should tie up the Pearson deal and Lupoli will come on loan but I doubt very much that Eastwood will come to us after having 2 bids rejected!
Jules

10th Aug 06 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Emre has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the country providing he can stay fit - Newcastle done really well to get him, I rate him really highly (above Gatusso imo)
Mad Moe

10th Aug 06 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Emre too, building a decent side there. Shame Owen's out for so long wonder if Lucae (sp) will start to perform?

Luque was a typical Newcastle panic buy, expensive, foriegn, hyped up reputation and a total fucking donkey. What the fuck Souness saw in him is beyong me, He is slow, weak, cant pass and can't shoot for shit, Deportivo seen us coming a mile off.
Mad Moe

10th Aug 06 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Emre has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the country providing he can stay fit - Newcastle done really well to get him, I rate him really highly (above Gatusso imo)

Emre has been a good signing for us but he does go missing quite a bit in big games, hopefully that was just part of him settling in last season and he will be more consitant this, however I think him and N'Zogbia will be a really battle for a starting place.
Robbo

10th Aug 06 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Emre and gattuso in the same sentance don't work... he is OK but no where near Gattuso!!
Jamie Walby

10th Aug 06 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont forget Jules is an Inter fan so that comment was in no way biased.
Robbo

10th Aug 06 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh aye lol
Jules

10th Aug 06 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll admit to be biased at times yes, but I honestly do rate Emre up there with Gatusso who I rate very highly and considering I'm a Inter fan and Gatusso pisses out black and red urine I'd say I'm not being biased at all in this case tbh, it's personal opinion.

[Edited on 10-08-2006 by Jules]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Today's gossip 24 database queries in 0.0130069 seconds