corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Beckham
Tommy

User status: Offline
11th Aug 06 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is going to be the end of England, we got Maclaren in charge, Venables as assistant and IMO a bad choice for captain.

Terry can organise the back 4 without the captancy armband, i think gerrard should have got it, it may make him come out of his shell a bit more.

%90 of the gaols we scored at the world come were made in some way by beckam.
Hammer

11th Aug 06 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can i ask what exactly Steve McClaren has done within the game to warrant the England job in the first place anyway, it's been bugging me ever since it was announced
Danny P

11th Aug 06 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Negative Negative Negative

FFS the guy hasn't even been in charge for a game yet and everyone is slagging him off already

Make no wonder we cant attract any top coaches (EG Scolari) when all we do is slag off every move made by the manager.

Give the guy a chance FFS
chris-sri

11th Aug 06 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was Beckham I would go around to Eriksson's house and beat 7 bells out of him. That tw*t cost that lad a world cup winners medal imo. I think it's a bad move dropping him out of the squad tbh why is it all or nothing? Why not take him even if he doesn't start he has too much experience and talent just to bin him now.
Nath

11th Aug 06 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He hasn't been dropped, I bet its more a case of resting him, plus there are his Real Madrid commitments. After all its only a friendly. I expect to see him in the squad for the Qualifiers.
Nath

11th Aug 06 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Negative Negative Negative

FFS the guy hasn't even been in charge for a game yet and everyone is slagging him off already

Make no wonder we cant attract any top coaches (EG Scolari) when all we do is slag off every move made by the manager.

Give the guy a chance FFS

Here here, I think he'll do well. He at least deserves a few games first, we havent even kicke a ball under the new coach and people are moaning.
chris-sri

11th Aug 06 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
He hasn't been dropped, I bet its more a case of resting him, plus there are his Real Madrid commitments. After all its only a friendly. I expect to see him in the squad for the Qualifiers.

I hope this is the case
Nath

11th Aug 06 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Ashton? Are you fucking insane?

Bent, Crouch, Defoe.......

My thoughts also.
Marc

11th Aug 06 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri
If I was Beckham I would go around to Eriksson's house and beat 7 bells out of him. That tw*t cost that lad a world cup winners medal imo. I think it's a bad move dropping him out of the squad tbh why is it all or nothing? Why not take him even if he doesn't start he has too much experience and talent just to bin him now.

Eriksson can only be blamed for so much, you can coach the best players in the world but if they don't perform on the day its their own faults. Agreed Eriksson didn't do much when players needed bringing on etc. The real reason why we didn't win was because we just weren't good enough.

I do think we will be better with McClaren and Venebles though. Some great choices in the new line up too.
Danny P

11th Aug 06 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also Beckham is knocking on a bit in terms of Football, if McClaren doesn't see him making Euro 2008, then why bother playing him in all the games leading up to it?

Might as well play what he thinks will be the team in 2008 now to get them used to playing together, learn how each other play etc so if/when we get there we wont have s a new player coming in trying to adjust in a short space of time.

IMO one of the reasons we wernt as succesfull under Sven as we might have been was that he messed around the team too much. Should have found his best 11 a long time before the World Cup, not during. I also believe that while there is going to be pressure from Club managers to "rest" the bigger name players in Friendlys, England will never be as succesfull as we might be
Hammer

11th Aug 06 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
IMO one of the reasons we wernt as succesfull under Sven as we might have been was that he messed around the team too much.

You must be joking surely? that was one of his weaknesses, he had his favourite ten players that would play when fit then whoever for the holding role. You could have picked the England team before it was announced with ease.
Danny P

11th Aug 06 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sxi04
quote:
IMO one of the reasons we wernt as succesfull under Sven as we might have been was that he messed around the team too much.

You must be joking surely? that was one of his weaknesses, he had his favourite ten players that would play when fit then whoever for the holding role. You could have picked the England team before it was announced with ease.

Ok maybe not the players who played in the World Cup, but certainly he played some un-usual players during the Friendlies before hand
Robbo

11th Aug 06 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
That means Jenas gets a place

Jenas is a Championship player at best. It is an insult that the usless donkey is even in the squad over far more worthy players
Agreed!
Robbo

11th Aug 06 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would appear he is 'retiring Becks'
Nath

11th Aug 06 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I change my above statement after hearing McLaren speak, sounds like he's going, going, gone.
Robbo

11th Aug 06 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very strange, surely a good old head to have around for the youngsters?!
Thoday

11th Aug 06 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good decision, makes him realise he isnt guranteed a place in the side.

We needed change, we need some pace and power in the team. Theres no point having Joe cole (though injured) and lennon on the wings with no1 as a 6yard box striker (aka Ashton, Defoe, Crouch) Rooney has to play off one of these.

When fit:

Ben Foster (eventualy)
Terry
Ferdinand
A Cole / G Neville

Lennon
J Cole
Gerrard
Lampard
Carrick / Hargreaves (holding)
Rooney
Ashton

Then we have some power, some pace, Rooney can play off Ashtons knock downs, and Lampard and gerrard can play their natural games going forward.
J da Silva

11th Aug 06 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have faith in your country, I don't think McLaren is the best manager in the world, but what I do like about him is he's prepared to give youth some experience, experienced players are influential at best, examples being your Ayala's, Cafu's, Van Der Sar's etc..... but to have experience and be under 25ish is a real weapon.
MarkM

11th Aug 06 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri

Get real...McClaren is trying to build a team to compete in 2008...Beckham wont be around in 2008 so why include him. Better to get a younger player in so they can get 2 years experience playing at that level...

Its not hard to understand...
mav

12th Aug 06 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think not to even have beckham in the squad is a big mistake, he is one of Englands best players and not to even be a sub is a joke and Mclaren is just trying to prove a point that he is in charge and not scared to drop big players..

a mistake in my eyes.
stuartmitchell

12th Aug 06 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair play to McClaren though, England never live up to expectations and he's trying to change things for the better, if they keep playing shoot I would expect Becks to be re-introduced.
Gavin
Premium Member

12th Aug 06 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it was time for a change... Beckham is a class player but he's perforamce has declined over the last 1-2 seasons.
I think we have been catering for him for a while now and its time for a change down that wing and a change to our tactics.

What I thought is effective for England is when Ashely cole overlaps with Joe Cole. This causes problems for the opposing team. Both the pass and flair is a deadly combination. We dont have this down the right hand wing. Beckham doesnt have the pace nor the flair so is restricted to what he knows best - crosses.
I think bringing in a replacement should as Lennon will give us the pace and flair we need on that side. We seen brief moments of what he can do.....

I am grateful for the leadership and commitment Beckham has shown over the years..... but its time for a change.

However, I feel that he should have been called up instead of players like Jenas. Beckham 'still' has alot to offer us in terms of experience and a good figure to have around the team. Dropping him immediately like that was abit OTT IMO and I would prefer players like that instead of Jenas and others who havent shown any signs of improvement

pew pew pew pewwwww
Ojc

12th Aug 06 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He wants to move forward yet includes Phil Neville

This is just one PR stunt, he'll be back I'm sure of it.
Marc

13th Aug 06 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

McClarens just said on SS1 that he has no plans now, or in the immediate future to play Beckham in his squad

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham 25 database queries in 0.0152781 seconds