corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FTO's

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FTO's
Ditch

User status: Offline
16th Aug 06 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DAYZEE - you owned your MR2 for years now havent you?? is it standard?? any troubles with it?

I remember your posts on here when I first signed up!
DAYZEE

16th Aug 06 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had it since I was 21, 4 years. I don't drive it very much these days, I've got a 328 and a CBR600.
It's standard, doesn't need anymore power for a public road! Doesn't usually go wrong, just standard servicing, done about 130K now, still on the original turbo. I think one of the boost hoses has a little split in at the moment, i can hear it and its taking too long to build boost. I'll be getting rid before the end of the year, along with the beemer.
Ditch

16th Aug 06 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea I seemed to remember you had it a while...

let me know when you feel its time to get rid fella... if its cheap enough I would probably have it and wack a new turbo on... and your only up the road from me - I work in Welwyn GC

(check the intercooler doesnt leak... sometimes they get small cracks in them which just slowly seeps boost...)
rustyarchs

16th Aug 06 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Nowhere near as good as an itr imo. Mates just had his mivec tip reposessed sound awesome and look ok but they just don't go quick or more importantly feel quick. Fair enough they have smooth power delivery from the v6 etc but they don't have the torque of a decent sized v6 to back up the reviness and it all makes for a dissapointing drive imo.

they dont feel quick at all, there bigest downfall was trying to keep it polite so to speak lol if they had ripped out all the sound proofing,automatic climate control aircon,foldy mirrors,multidisk changers and all the rest of the toys that they come with standard it would have lost some of that 200kg weight disadvantage that it had on an ITR and it would then be a diffrent story, then again if it was a noisy harsh thing to drive it wouldnt have been as popular or sold as many as they did for the 22 grand equivelent price tag which in my opinion was way overpriced considering the teg was quite a few grand cheaper to buy

SO they don't keep with itr's as you said?

there book 0-60, quarter mile and top speed are almost identical , itr is more of a track toy though than an fto and thats what i said,the vids i had posted up which no longer work showed an itr and fto having a very good race both getting driven with skilled jap drivers but the itr edged out a place higher than the fto sure there was 2 secs of a difference after 6 laps if i mind correctly
rustyarchs

16th Aug 06 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nick NJ
quote:

you what?? where did you read that? the gr responds to tuning better but its not a stronger more reliable unit,

http://www.ftooc.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=55527&highlight=reliability

most of the votes went for the gpx did they not

and reason some people say the gr is better is because they havent all been as thrashed as a gpx well dont buy a shiter of a gpx buy a good one,

[Edited on 16-08-2006 by rustyarchs]
rustyarchs

16th Aug 06 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.s i gotta say an mr2 turbo would kick sand in the ftos face but iv seen a mr2 spining out and smashing into a road sign in the wet chaseing a honda civic,so if your race in the the wet il put my money on the fto
Nick NJ

16th Aug 06 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

you what?? where did you read that? the gr responds to tuning better but its not a stronger more reliable unit,

and reason some people say the gr is better is because they havent all been as thrashed as a gpx well dont buy a shiter of a gpx buy a good one,

you were debating which engine was more reliable was you not, not what car ppl prefer. Thats opinion and subjective.
rustyarchs

16th Aug 06 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you were debating which engine was more reliable was you not, not what car ppl prefer. Thats opinion and subjective.

exactly, and you gave me no more proof other than such and such said which in my mind is an opinion

the facts are that all the big power ones are mivecs, if the GRs were the best for reliability and had stronger engines then it would be the other way around would it not??
rustyarchs

16th Aug 06 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by clubperformance
quote:
Originally posted by Icy
http://www.icypix.co.uk/cars/FTO/index.html

Nice pics dude

gunzi

16th Aug 06 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO FTO's look good but they are slow for the power.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FTO's 23 database queries in 0.0133679 seconds