corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » I feel sorry for Luton fans

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I feel sorry for Luton fans
Ojc

User status: Offline
25th Aug 06 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Striker Sam Parkin has decided to join Luton Town and not Preston North End, the Lancashire club have revealed. Town had accepted bids believed to be in the range of £300,000 from both Championship clubs.

Preston boss Paul Simpson said: "It is disappointing that Sam has chosen to sign for Luton Town, but we have to respect his decision.

"Everyone knows he was a player I was very keen on bringing to Preston North End because I believed he would improve the squad, that is now not going to happen and we will now turn our attentions elsewhere.

"His decision appears to be based solely on the location of Luton and it's proximity to London, where his family and partner are based. We are told that the financial package exactly matched that of Luton Town but we could never compete on the location."

Parkin, who joined the Blues from Swindon for £450,000 a year ago, is from Roehampton in south-west London and found it difficult to settle in Ipswich, moving out of his town centre flat some months ago.

The frontman scored one of his five Town goals (all away, all in last season's orange away shirt) in tonight's corresponding fixture at QPR, the club where he was a season ticket holder as a boy.

Nath

25th Aug 06 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do be quiet. Just because you messed him up doesnt mean he won't come good. He's been plagued with injuries too whilst at Ipshite. Look at his record at Swindon, second to none.
Nath

25th Aug 06 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taken from lutontown.co.uk:

Luton Town Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Sam Parkin, who has joined us from Ipswich Town on three-year deal for a fee of £340,000.

Ex-Chelsea trainee Parkin is a forward with a prolific goalscoring record, and has chosen Kenilworth Road as the place to further his career despite strong interest from other Championship clubs.

After signing for (the then) League One side Swindon Town in August 2002, Parkin set the Football League world alight, scoring 67 league goals in 120 appearances.

Naturally, his goalscoring talents captured the attention of the bigger clubs, and Parkin signed for Ipswich Town in the summer of 2005 for £550,000.

Unfortunately, a broken ankle forced him to miss much of last season, although he still managed to score five goals in 17 Championship appearances last term.

Following Joe Royle's departure at the end of last season, the new Blues boss Jim Magilton made it clear that Parkin would not get regular football at Portman Road, leaving the player to weigh up his options.

After fees were agreed with both Preston and Luton, 25-year-old Parkin had a straight choice of two Championship clubs.

Hatters fans will be very happy to hear Sam has chosen Luton and has today travelled with the squad to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Coincidentally, Parkin arrives at a club to replace an outgoing Steve Howard for the second time in his career, having previously played for Northampton on-loan after they sold Howard to Luton in 2001.

Parkin has been allocated squad number 19 this season.

Go on super Sam! Prove to Ipswich they got it wrong. He will come good, mark my words. Wasn't he your 2nd top scorer last season even though he missed 6 months through injury?
GREG 1

25th Aug 06 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He will be good, trust me!

Good business there by Luton aswell, Ipswich serously fcuked that one up
GREG 1

25th Aug 06 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps- I watched him play for Chelsea youth / reserves and he was pretty useful
Tommy

25th Aug 06 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt want town to loose him, hes a good player, from what i have seen
Nath

25th Aug 06 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, is he related to Will Ferrell?

Will Ferrell:

Sam Parkin:
Forever_Hatter

25th Aug 06 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bargain

And a good goalscorer...Maybe Ipswich just wasnt the club for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzQXnByw5_Y

^^Guy sure knows how to finish
Jules

25th Aug 06 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's farking GASH!
Nath

25th Aug 06 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules

He's farking GASH!

67 goals in 120 Swindon games says otherwise, maybe its Ipswich that are gash?

He's going to be so fired up to score against you I can see it

[Edited on 25-08-2006 by Nath]
Jules

25th Aug 06 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all well and good getting goals ate lower levels but then once you step up you are proven to be a lower league player - as Luton will find out!

Thanks for the cash btw!
Forever_Hatter

25th Aug 06 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol weve heard it all before fella....Steve Howard was doubted....Andf then scored a respectful amount of goals in his first season in Championship.

Newell has got a eye for quality...Like I said maybe Ipswich wasnt the team for him.

Ojc

26th Aug 06 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a big lad he is useless
Nath

26th Aug 06 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's all well and good getting goals ate lower levels but then once you step up you are proven to be a lower league player - as Luton will find out!

Thanks for the cash btw!

BTW your £200k down on this deal, but cheers anyway.

Steve Howard scored 20+ goal in the basement division, 20+ goals in the 3rd tier, 15 goals in the 2nd tier. Freddy Eastwood scored for fun in Non-Leagues, basement division, 3rd tier, and now the 2nd tier. A goalscorer is a goalscorer in any dvision.
Nath

26th Aug 06 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
For a big lad he is useless

To be fair he was living out of a suitcase at Ipswich, never settled in the area, and i'd imagine that'd affect his game somewhat. Now he's back home and today he looked very handy, almost scored with his first touch.

[Edited on 26-08-2006 by Nath]
Ojc

26th Aug 06 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Story of his life at Ipswich "almost"
Nath

26th Aug 06 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Story of his life at Ipswich "almost"

Well he'll come good, Newell doesnt buy bad.
Jules

27th Aug 06 at 06:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

Thanks for the cash btw!

BTW your £200k down on this deal, but cheers anyway.

Steve Howard scored 20+ goal in the basement division, 20+ goals in the 3rd tier, 15 goals in the 2nd tier. Freddy Eastwood scored for fun in Non-Leagues, basement division, 3rd tier, and now the 2nd tier. A goalscorer is a goalscorer in any dvision.

Would rather be 200k down than 500k down

You say he almost scored with his first touch today - he almost scored a few for us - unfortunatley almost goals don't count for an awful lot, I'll have a guess, did he scuff it and watch it trickle past the post? of did he hoof it over the bar and out of the ground?

Yes I am being pedantic

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » I feel sorry for Luton fans 24 database queries in 0.0127308 seconds