corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » browsing the net at work,

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author browsing the net at work,
Carl

User status: Offline
9th Sep 06 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do i fully cover my tracks, is clear History and internet settings enough? comps net worked to head office, and the people that deal wi the comp system when anything goes wrong. Nto sure if they monitering or anything like that though.
Kerry

9th Sep 06 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you use a unique log on for the computer??
Dom

9th Sep 06 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure they do monitor it, or it goes through a proxy or some routing software which has logs - but delete cookies/temp files/history will near enough cover you on your end
Kerry

9th Sep 06 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not if he logs onto a network using his own unique log on thats why i asked the question
Carl

9th Sep 06 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aint a clue, basically i work in an off licence, this is the comp linked to the till, recently we got broaband and i've set it up.
I know we are linked to Point 4(company that look after any comp issues) as if my till breaks they hook into the pc and can control it all. Also head office sends till updates and that through, Thats best i can describe it.
Antz

9th Sep 06 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they are able to send updates and such likes to your PC it more than likley has to be on a corperate WAN, or similar, this means you'll have to go through a box at head office to get anything off the internet... otherwise anyone could just get onto it and start fucking with your till...

the box at head office will log EVERYTHING, and be backed up daily, weekly and monthly...

If you're not supposed to be on the net then don't, or don't look at ghey sites... or make sure there is a junior there you can blame.
Carl

9th Sep 06 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Antz
If they are able to send updates and such likes to your PC it more than likley has to be on a corperate WAN, or similar, this means you'll have to go through a box at head office to get anything off the internet... otherwise anyone could just get onto it and start fucking with your till...

the box at head office will log EVERYTHING, and be backed up daily, weekly and monthly...

If you're not supposed to be on the net then don't, or don't look at ghey sites... or make sure there is a junior there you can blame.

The internet connection is independant, though, got our own modem and that?
Dom

9th Sep 06 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the internet connection is seperate - ie: ADSL/Cable (BT/NTL/Pipex etc) then chances are you'll be fine - the fact that they can remote admin into the till is nothing really.
Antz

9th Sep 06 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl

through like BT or someone?... if that's the case then the only way they can moitor it is by having something on your PC that logs it all or ring the ISP and asking for logs (not likely)
Dom

9th Sep 06 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is a program out that that will clear all traces of internet surfing - forgot what it is though. There is also a browser than once closed will scrub everything as well
Kerry

9th Sep 06 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just out of interest why did you get the internet installed?
Carl

9th Sep 06 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

through like BT or someone?... if that's the case then the only way they can moitor it is by having something on your PC that logs it all or ring the ISP and asking for logs (not likely)

yeah a bt bussiness hub linked to adsl that they installed the other day. They haven't been set-up for the net untill i installed it all the other day so doubt they have a logger. Although i'm on cctv stood in front of the computer so may get busted that way!
Carl

9th Sep 06 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
just out of interest why did you get the internet installed?

not quite sure! I know they are setting up intranet thing but its a bit expensive just for that as there is about 40 shops. It might be for that phone thing where you phone through the internet connection rather than get charged, but at the minute we are still running a fax machine so not too sure. We send our orders over the net and stuff like that but we just used to use 56k modem and dial in as and when.
Antz

9th Sep 06 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

yeah a bt bussiness hub linked to adsl that they installed the other day. They haven't been set-up for the net untill i installed it all the other day so doubt they have a logger. Although i'm on cctv stood in front of the computer so may get busted that way!

Just give them something else to look at.... me and Chris_UK did it when we worked together and wanted to play on the PS 2

What they saw...

What we did...
Sam
Premium Member

9th Sep 06 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^
Carl

9th Sep 06 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldn't work here, we have 3 camera flicking about, and also they would find it odd that no customers came in!

New Poll