corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE Corsa Exhaust Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE Corsa Exhaust Question
Mike2k111

User status: Offline
26th Sep 06 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seem to find alot of info about aftermarket exhaust systems using the search but abit pricey for what im looking for. The manifold bore on the xe is 54mm and the middle section coming off my 1.4 16v Sport is 51mm.Quesion is will a 51mm bore be sufficient for running the XE to its potential without being restrictive, i presume i will have to enlarge the flange to fit over the manifold though. Also, whats the best thing to do about a decat pipe, any ones people would recommend or is it worth posting in classified to see what people have for sale?
DaNnY_LaD

26th Sep 06 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume your takin the cat out as im in the same situ as u mate..the best Size for a xe is 2.25 And there about £135 for a centre section with 1 centre silencer and De-cat from top gear in burnley...
But the cat on a 1.4 sport will be defo be restrive for a xe hence why im takin mine out..

But the 1.4 sport section Should be fine...As my Xe is goin in on thursday so i can tell you then if its restrictive in anyway..

Danny.

[Edited on 26-09-2006 by DaNnY_LaD]
Mike2k111

26th Sep 06 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, yeh the cat is definately coming out one way or another. I had to saw the end off the corsa center section to remove the backbox as it was wedged in far too tight to remove whole. I know I can get hold of another corsa center section so I was thinking about cutting a section of the old one out and using it as a decat pipe. After what you said I may try giving Topgear a ring to see what they've got going, I presume they have to custom make the exhaust systems for the corsa with an XE? From what youve said i take it that your going to use the standard corsa center section with the cat removed then mate and see how the xe goes when its up and running?

[Edited on 26-09-2006 by Mike2k111]
Mike2k111

26th Sep 06 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just come off the phone now to Topgear, Burnley and they seem like sound lads. Got quoted £235 for an exhaust system from manifold to backbox, looks like il have to make one myself though as i didnt realise it was a drive in, fit, drive out process. Can't really drive anywhere with no engine lol
DaNnY_LaD

27th Sep 06 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yeah mate...say your from corsasport and if i remeber right you get a 10% discount...
yeah im using my standard x14xe centre section as i think its 1'' 3/4 i think im not totally sure tho..If your usin ur standard section then you defo need to remove the Cat as that will be defo a massive restrictive part and keep the silencer in..

I did read some were that the smaller the bore the more low down quickness i cant remeber it correctly

If you want a 2.25 exhaust section keep an eye out on here,migweb and ebay as you will find some1 braking a xe corsa...

[Edited on 27-09-2006 by DaNnY_LaD]

New Poll