corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Real Differences.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Real Differences.....
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
6th Oct 06 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when D4 was a 1.4 it used to keep up with 1.6's.
gianluigi

6th Oct 06 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

Front is an Irmy lip smoothed in and the

im going to do that to mine i reckon
Ojc

6th Oct 06 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

Worms, can of, opened.
Marc

6th Oct 06 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sly_SRi
Premium Member

6th Oct 06 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 1.4 16v then went to a Gsi and didn't notice much difference. Obviously it was slightly quicker but my SRi used to pull so well through the revs, the Gsi seemed pretty crap high end. I was disappointed to be honest. New inlet sorted the problem though.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Daimo B

6th Oct 06 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

My D4?

Nahhh it didn't. Massive difference in torque and performance. 1.4 16v Engines suck like a vietnamise ladyboy. Gutless compared to the 1.6 lump.

Although Ian did think it was a 1.6 16v when he first saw me blatting along up in Stoke (think it was Stoke).

If funds allow, go for the 1.6. Unless your planning an engine conversion, in which case, go for the base model an build it up.
Daimo B

6th Oct 06 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi
I had a 1.4 16v then went to a Gsi and didn't notice much difference. Obviously it was slightly quicker but my SRi used to pull so well through the revs, the Gsi seemed pretty crap high end. I was disappointed to be honest. New inlet sorted the problem though.

Sly, was it a X or C engine?
The X lump wasn't "that much" difference in performance, it was quicker though. But C wise, well I know a certain ex white Corsa that would oblitorate mine, but then i also knew a red GSi that used to wipe the floor with both of us.

You lot need a standard C16XE GSi Vs an X16 GSi Vs X16 Sport vs X14 Sport up at pod.
John G

6th Oct 06 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

definetly the 1.6 sport i was so suprised at the torque when i got itfront wheels just dnt want to stay stright sumtimes in the damp, love it

not that much more on insurance for me against my 1.4 8v £5 to be exact and the fuel economy is beta then the 1.4 8v
gianluigi

6th Oct 06 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi

Sly, was it a X or C engine?
The X lump wasn't "that much" difference in performance, it was quicker though. But C wise, well I know a certain ex white Corsa that would oblitorate mine, but then i also knew a red GSi that used to wipe the floor with both of us.

You lot need a standard C16XE GSi Vs an X16 GSi Vs X16 Sport vs X14 Sport up at pod.

i'd be up for that in my X16 sport

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Real Differences..... 24 database queries in 0.0126441 seconds