corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance question
Seirrah

User status: Offline
6th Nov 06 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few VERY silly questions...

My car got broken into yesterday. The door was bent and they took my cd player and mobile phone. Joy.

This is the maybe silly question....can I call my insurance and explain what's happened and then find out how much my premium would go up cos of losing my no claims bonus? Or is it a case of having to claim if they know about it?

Also, Tesco covers 'Telephone equipment' under the section with Cdplayer, GPS, etc ....would this mean mobile phones??

p4uls corsa

6th Nov 06 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are u fully comp? how much is car worth ?and also u will lose the ncb u have gained unless ur protected
SXi_Tim

6th Nov 06 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your premium will go up but i don't think you can enquire how much it will go up by, if you can afford to do it i wouldn't bother with going through insurance.
Matt L

6th Nov 06 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont have to claim if they now about it. i only know this because my mum was going to claim through her insurance because someone had scratched her car and even though she has protected no claims she was going to loose them because she didnt know who did it. so she decided not to go through the insurance and pay it herself.

[Edited on 06-11-2006 by Matt L]
Seirrah

6th Nov 06 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p4uls corsa
are u fully comp? how much is car worth ?and also u will lose the ncb u have gained unless ur protected

Yeah I'm fully comp. Car is a W reg Sxi. £2k ? No clue .

My excess is £100. But it would cover a new door, cd player ..and _maybe_ my brand new mobile phone

p4uls corsa

6th Nov 06 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seirrah
quote:
Originally posted by p4uls corsa

Yeah I'm fully comp. Car is a W reg Sxi. £2k ? No clue .

My excess is £100. But it would cover a new door, cd player ..and _maybe_ my brand new mobile phone

u have any ncb as losing that will cost u £££ next year

[Edited on 06-11-2006 by p4uls corsa]
Seirrah

6th Nov 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
you dont have to claim if they now about it. i only know this because my mum was going to claim through her insurance because someone had scratched her car and even though she has protected no claims she was going to loose them because she didnt know who did it. so she decided not to go through the insurance and pay it herself.

[Edited on 06-11-2006 by Matt L]

Ta, this is what I wanted to know.

And yeh I currently have 4 or 5 years no claims

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question 23 database queries in 0.0071621 seconds