corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine change question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine change question
damandblast

User status: Offline
11th Nov 06 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate of Jamie's has a Corsa 1.5d already externally modded with some interior mods done too.

Engine has 149k plus and is showing signs of wear.

He wants to put a 2 litre petrol engine in and has quotes for the wwork but, he needs to know the following:

How do you get through your MOT with an engine mod? He is assuming you must have changed your log book in order for a legit MOT to happen? This means he must also notify the insurers too. I know the legal answer but I suspect he is looking for alternative suggestions?

Any pointers or advice for him would be appreciated.

Di
Greg_M

11th Nov 06 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any other way but the legal way shouldnt even be conciddered
damandblast

11th Nov 06 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you, that is exactly what I hoped you would say

There is only so much listening an 18 year old will do. As I had sang your praises and said that you lot know your stuff he was more preapred to listen to your opinions as opposed to those of "his mates Mum".

He is now costing up the exercise properly with no short cuts.

If he does this, he will do it right.

Di
CorsAsh

11th Nov 06 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, if he does the work and doesn't declare it to his insurers/the DVLA, he will be effectively driving without valid insurance and tax, which will lead to a whole world of trouble with the Police if he's caught.

It's one of CS' collective pet hates when people do conversions and don't declare them - not only does it push our legitimate insurance premiums up, but it adds fuel to the "car modifiers are bad" argument.

New Poll