corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » first car - company car, second car - ???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author first car - company car, second car - ???
CorsaLad

User status: Offline
7th Dec 06 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Following on from my post about caterhams yesterday, does anyone else have a company car (something sensible) and then something a little wilder for the weekend? Are there any discounts for second cars...insurance etc? Also, how did you finance yours (i'm also saving for a mortgage :look

James
jr

7th Dec 06 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a normal car and a broken car if that counts
Cupra Steve
Banned

7th Dec 06 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my ibiza to get something a bit more of a drivers car, i was gonna get a corsa turbo but now have a 106 gti which i love, but not ideal for work, but i'm not getting my co. car till april now, hopefully, someone else is using the car i was supposed to be getting so i'm getting my car allowance again now, might end up sticking with it, but i don't want to drive the 106 up and down from surrey to newcastle!!!
scoob
Premium Member

7th Dec 06 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a vectra
and the rx7 for weekend
j10E W

7th Dec 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a mitsu carisma
and a golf turbo

dnt really use the carisam much now tho used itmostly wen i had the astra it wasnt very practical!!

[Edited on 07-12-2006 by j10E W]
Cupra Steve
Banned

7th Dec 06 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would now like to buy a nova or something like that to put a xe/let in it with my brother, just for a bit of a project, we brought a Suzuki SJ for a bit of fun, he has now sold his beemer and using the sj as a daily drive!!! LOL he's getting a gsxr750 tho.
CorsaLad

7th Dec 06 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scoob - how much did the rx set you back? What's the insurance like? Do you get hammered on tax for the vectra - still looking into this bit, but been offered a £4k car allowance.
scoob
Premium Member

7th Dec 06 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaLad
Scoob - how much did the rx set you back? What's the insurance like? Do you get hammered on tax for the vectra - still looking into this bit, but been offered a £4k car allowance.

sorry mate mis read the post the vectra's mine not a company car
Cupra Steve
Banned

7th Dec 06 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the allowance mate, only reason i took the co. car is the fact that it's my boss brought 5 of these bmw 320cd's, said i could have one as he has everyone insured on it in the company but atm someone is using it up in newcastle, so it's not actualy a company car as such as i won't get taxxed my arse off!
Jambo

7th Dec 06 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a 1.2 8v corsa for work and genral abuse.

Calibra for everything else
CorsaLad

7th Dec 06 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cupra Steve - I've got an 04 plate focus at the moment, only done 20k miles on it and work is a 70mile round trip each day. Our office also covers the whole of the UK and so lots of driving involved. Probably going to sell the focus to fund a deposit for a house.

What makes you suggest taking the car allowance? I am contracted for a min of 2 years and after this period the focus will be worthless.
Ojc

7th Dec 06 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
i would now like to buy a nova or something like that to put a xe/let in it with my brother, just for a bit of a project, we brought a Suzuki SJ for a bit of fun, he has now sold his beemer and using the sj as a daily drive!!! LOL he's getting a gsxr750 tho.

To many ideas, not enough action.
Cupra Steve
Banned

7th Dec 06 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaLad
Cupra Steve - I've got an 04 plate focus at the moment, only done 20k miles on it and work is a 70mile round trip each day. Our office also covers the whole of the UK and so lots of driving involved. Probably going to sell the focus to fund a deposit for a house.

What makes you suggest taking the car allowance? I am contracted for a min of 2 years and after this period the focus will be worthless.

cos u'll probably make money in the long run.
boyracer2002

7th Dec 06 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a new berlingo van for daily use

and got no car now which is running, wide one is almost sold and got a black XE'd gsi in bits

Building a LET corsa though
Cupra Steve
Banned

7th Dec 06 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve

To many ideas, not enough action.

the sj is all done, big nobblies, raised 2 inches, stripped, cav sri seats, chequered plated door cards, snorkel and great fun.

track day car is next bit of fun.
Pop

7th Dec 06 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

currently got an rx-8 for work and a 206 for fun

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » first car - company car, second car - ??? 23 database queries in 0.0090580 seconds