corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting My headunit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting My headunit
robz541

User status: Offline
11th Dec 06 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right got my headunit, JVC KD-G821, and i havent got a clue how to fit it, but surely it cant be that hard can it.... can any1 give me a step by step guide to fit it.

I have removed my old standard radio from My Corsa 1.2 sxi but left the cage in, dint no whether this needed takin out??

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys
deano87

11th Dec 06 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ermmm, when I fitted my new stereo I took the cage out.

Tage the existing cage out, put the new one in, bend any tabs etc to stop it pulling forward/moving around. Pull the cables through, attached them to your new head unit. Put the head unit in. It may drop slightly, mine did, and sits fine. You can attach it with a screw at the back but means your whole dash needs taking out. I didn't do this, which means my CD player moves ever so slightly therefore doesn't jump when going over bumps.

That's the general order of things but I'm no expert (although could fit my headunit no problem)! Try searching the Tutorials & FAQ!

Oh, if you have a Corsa C you'll need a facia adapter to change it from 2 din to 1 din (1 din is the size of a standard headunit!)
robz541

11th Dec 06 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye thats kool iv got corsa b so it dont matter!

does any1 no what colour the aerial wire is cos my old radio dint have it connected and im not sure where abouts it is???
deano87

11th Dec 06 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your Corsa has the original headunit, the cage goes all the way to the back (unlike short ones your normally get with aftermarket headunits) and the aerial is in the back of it - if I remember correctly it has black foam padding/insulation around it.

New Poll