corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PHP MyAdmin

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PHP MyAdmin
liamC

User status: Offline
19th Dec 06 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm using PHP MyAdmin and setting up a new database from scratch.

Basically I need 6 tables. The first table will be called 'Title' using 1 field, and will be using varchar with a maximum of 40 characters.

I've created the table but I have gone to the next screen and there's loads of boxes and drop down boxes of which I am unsure what they mean.

These are a few of the boxes of which I'm a bit stuck on

COLLATION
ATTRIBUTES
STORAGE
NULL
STORAGE ENGINE
COLLATION (same data in the drop down as first one)

Basically the Collation boxes have a massive drop down of lots of random words/numbers under titles such as 'acsii', cp11250', 'binary'.

I can't skip them as I need to fill in a value.

Basically an example of what I want in a title field to display would be 'FIAT PUNTO STAR SILVER 1.2'

Steve
Premium Member

19th Dec 06 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

char
Tim
Site Administrator

19th Dec 06 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Default collation is latin1_swedish_ci. Storing English text is fine as it doesn't use any special characters (accents, etc).

New Poll