corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » using co-ax's aswell as vauxhall tweeters?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author using co-ax's aswell as vauxhall tweeters?
Stokie Dave

User status: Offline
1st Jan 07 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good, bad, indifferent?

I dunno wether to get components or some good co-ax's but I like the imaging of having comps.. however I wont be amping whatever I get, they'll be getting driving from a JVC KD G611 head unit.

Vauxhall tweeters don't sound too bad, and I've been looking @ some Infinity co-ax's with a tweeter where you can add or subtract volume from it to tone it down if needs be, so was wondering what peoples thoughts on that set up are?

Ta
Basscrazy

1st Jan 07 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good if you like very precise sound
Will_Sport

1st Jan 07 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the infinity ones are alright, i've got the 6510i reference (or something like that) comp set, pretty good clear sound, although speakers a little to big for the door lol

one problem is the infinity tweeters are a bitch to fit in the pocket where standards go, i found sony ones fitted much better by cutting the grill and slotting them in, looked pretty good as well
Will_Sport

1st Jan 07 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and another thing to note.... fitting crossovers isnt funny, takes a lot of door dismantling and wiring.

with the sony tweeters i used original wiring and the tweeters had a resistor type thing supplied so didn't need crossovers and they were pretty good
Stokie Dave

1st Jan 07 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ive got alpine sxs1757's in current corsa which uses a capacitor inline as a bass blocker, much easier.. only thing is woofers were a royal arse as had to cut door pocket and door metal plus bang out the hole where magnet fits.. cables used to rub on the windows too when winding up and down. grr!! hence looking at other quicker options for next car

New Poll