corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » morettes + cold air feed - legalities help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author morettes + cold air feed - legalities help needed
Pop

User status: Offline
6th Jan 07 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey...

A possible future mod for my car would be to run a cold air feed from the middle light in morettes, as shown in this pic below.

On 206's the:

inner light = indicator
middle light = dipped beam
outer light = main beam

If the dipped beam is removed could a hole be drilled and the bulb put in with the main beam? Seems highly dodgy to me but is there any way around this that I'm not aware of?

All help is much appreciated

Tim
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jan 07 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can convert the outer lense to H4 bulbs (dip and main) you'll be fine, but I don't know how you'd go about doing that

Probably some old Peugeot car you could nick the relay off, and then get it wired up by a pro.

having both bulbs in one circular light wouldn't work, the dip bulb would knacker the beam pattern when the main beam was on and shining through it.
Pop

6th Jan 07 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so if I understand you correct I could possibly get it wired so that I have one bulb in the outer light that will be the dipped light but when I put it to full beam that one bulb will get brighter?!
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jan 07 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, the H4 bulb is dual filament, when it's on dipped beam, one is alight, when you flick the main on, that one goes off, and the other one comes on.

the one with the reflector is the dip, the other one is the main beam.

I think 205s, 309s, 306 S1s etc used them.
deano87

6th Jan 07 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
so if I understand you correct I could possibly get it wired so that I have one bulb in the outer light that will be the dipped light but when I put it to full beam that one bulb will get brighter?!

Yes, it basically has 2 filaments as far as I know, could be wrong though.

Like rear brake lights that just get brighter, doesn't have a separate bulb.

EDIT: God damn you Robin

[Edited on 06-01-2007 by deano87]
Pop

6th Jan 07 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the info lads, I never knew about those bulbs. just need to find someone competent to wire that up.

next question...

will I just have to leave a dummy light on the other side? I'm thinking both moretees should probably have dipped and main beams in the same hole to match
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jan 07 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll need to remove both inner lights, if you have one without a bulb, it'll go down as 'not working' on an MoT.

(looks better with a pair anyway )
Pop

6th Jan 07 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for clearing that up

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » morettes + cold air feed - legalities help needed 23 database queries in 0.0358989 seconds