corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Exhausts Uk and cat or not?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhausts Uk and cat or not?
jamied

User status: Offline
5th Jan 07 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thinking of gettin full system and twin tailpipes next week any opinions etc? are they good and well priced?
how long does it take?

Also do you think i should remove cat? as I dont want to have to buy a sports cat. Only prob is would like it so I dont have trouble at mot, even tho i move abroad soon..

[Edited on 05-01-2007 by 306CORSA]
Robin
Premium Member

5th Jan 07 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what year is the engine?
mwg

5th Jan 07 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there anyway that the MOT tester could find out what year the engine was anyway?

Just tell them its an early 20XE so doesn't need a CAT

[Edited on 05-01-2007 by Matty G]
jamied

5th Jan 07 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 95 gsi engine so does need a cat, i thought this too matty but a lot of ppl have trouble with this
Cupra Steve
Banned

5th Jan 07 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some cars DO pass emissions without a cat, but by the sounds of it you've answered your own question, you don't want to pay for a sports one but then you don't want the hassle of changing it so just get catback.
jamied

5th Jan 07 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinkin this but I still have the 1.4 cat on and its now a xe. I heard about sleeving it?
Cupra Steve
Banned

5th Jan 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 306CORSA
I was thinkin this but I still have the 1.4 cat on and its now a xe. I heard about sleeving it?

not got a clue what that is tbh, if i was you i'd get a sports cat, i know they're silly money for something you don't really want but a 1.4 cat is going to restrict your 2.0 so much, but a decat is just tedious.
M2RTY

5th Jan 07 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
quote:
Originally posted by 306CORSA

not got a clue what that is tbh, if i was you i'd get a sports cat, i know they're silly money for something you don't really want but a 1.4 cat is going to restrict your 2.0 so much, but a decat is just tedious.

sure its not the 1.0 cat still?
jamied

5th Jan 07 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes cos it never had a cat on it before. I bought a 1.4 cat couple yrs ago
M2RTY

5th Jan 07 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure? tom never took the cat off im 99% sure
jamied

5th Jan 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes I am sure i have owned the car for 4yrs lol
it was decatted when i got it plus i have had a couple of diff exhaust since as the one on was fucked

[Edited on 05-01-2007 by 306CORSA]
Ludacris Turbo

5th Jan 07 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to Exhausts UK for my back box! Can't fault em really except that they only make loud exhausts! Loads of mates have been before and had no problems. Takes about 2/3 hours for them to make and fit your exhaust!!
SportBoy

5th Jan 07 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went there for mine too . very happy with it! .. but yeah unless your not botherd how loud it is ask for it to be as quite as poss
Robin
Premium Member

5th Jan 07 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just so you know, If you're pulled over at the roadside, without a cat, you WILL be fined if they spot it.

Even if it passes an MoT, it's illegal to drive a car with an engine which requires a cat, without one.
Carl

5th Jan 07 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got mine done there, spot on, phoned him at 9 on the day, by 2 o'clock my system was repaired and new back box fitted.
redrocket

6th Jan 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got one of there exhausts on my nova very good system just abit loud lol
jambo166

7th Jan 07 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Just so you know, If you're pulled over at the roadside, without a cat, you WILL be fined if they spot it.

Even if it passes an MoT, it's illegal to drive a car with an engine which requires a cat, without one.

lmao where we live mate they dont jack ya car up on road side to see if you have a cat not that they wud have any reason to look any way.
we show mot certicficate and as long as it comes bk u have mot.tax ect they wudnt av any reason to look for a cat or any problems unless the ovious bulb owt. you probaly will be fined but i dont understand why uv said that cos iv neva known that me self. ill enquire y a copper wud look for a cat when i next see a one!!!
random dav
Premium Member

7th Jan 07 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have a CAT on mine and it passed the MOT (registered as a 2.0). I fopund this while trying to work out whether it needed one http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository/7.3%20Emmissions%20-%20Spark%20Ignition%20-%20Passenger%20Cars%201992-2002.pdf
. There may be some other stuff on VOSA website.

[Edited on 07-01-2007 by random dav]

WRLFC !

Project cars
Cupra Steve
Banned

7th Jan 07 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jambo166
quote:

lmao where we live mate they dont jack ya car up on road side to see if you have a cat not that they wud have any reason to look any way.
we show mot certicficate and as long as it comes bk u have mot.tax ect they wudnt av any reason to look for a cat or any problems unless the ovious bulb owt. you probaly will be fined but i dont understand why uv said that cos iv neva known that me self. ill enquire y a copper wud look for a cat when i next see a one!!!

he is correct, but thats the same if the have a db reader, they can check how loud your car is etc etc..
corsa jay

7th Jan 07 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jambo166
quote:

they did a whole 2 weeks last summer round here pulling everyone over checking how loud exhuasts were and wether they had cats or not!
jamied

8th Jan 07 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for comments dude
got quote booked in for thursday morn
jamied

8th Jan 07 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.s. i am gettin my cat removed but leaving space for it so I can bolt in near MOT
Colin

8th Jan 07 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt bother with the decat, it wont give you any decent gains, makes the exhaust note sound tinny & is a pain come MOT time!!
jamied

8th Jan 07 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aii I used to have a decat on my 1.4 it was alrite.
Will see what they say. also will be easy at MOT time as it will be bolt in

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Exhausts Uk and cat or not? 24 database queries in 0.0164430 seconds