corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » grrrrrrrrrr just blew up my PSU

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author grrrrrrrrrr just blew up my PSU
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
21st Jan 07 at 02:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheap chinese crap

i was stability testing my PC at high FSB in 41 degrees weather. PSU went pop and smoked lots. im just glad it didnt fry all my new bits
Russ

21st Jan 07 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should never use a cheap psu, asking for trouble
drunkenfool

21st Jan 07 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I blew one up when I was about 14 by flicking the voltage switch on the back when it was running Flicked it back, told my mum it just exploded when I was using it and we took it back to curries and got it replaced. The man at the desk said he'd never seen anything like that happen before
Cybermonkey

21st Jan 07 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
you should never use a cheap psu, asking for trouble

TBH, it was probably running full whack for the entire year, even in extreme heat so it did well haha. its now running an even shitter one until i get down to the parts shop
Planty02

21st Jan 07 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
I blew one up when I was about 14 by flicking the voltage switch on the back when it was running Flicked it back, told my mum it just exploded when I was using it and we took it back to curries and got it replaced. The man at the desk said he'd never seen anything like that happen before

I did this but with the PC switched off then switched it on. got a big spark inside the case (had a window). Destroyed my PSU, Motherboard, and brand new 128MB stick of SDRAM (yes it was a long time ago lol)

New Poll