corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike Racks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Racks
mwg

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 07 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking to buy a bike rack... but I plan on selling my car within the next few months so need something that will work on other cars as seems silly buying a bike rack now then having to buy another a few months down the line.

And obviously dont want anything thats going to cause any amount of damage to my paintwork.

Any suggestions? Can't decide if I should go for a roof rack or a boot mounted one? Can you get roof racks that you can transfer between different makes of cars? Think I would prefer one of those as then its not touching the paint.
recarouk

22nd Jan 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably be easier to get a roof rack on your new car and strap the thing up there, then when you dont need it just clip the rack off the roof.

unless you get a towbar mounted one?
mwg

22nd Jan 07 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way am I having a towbar!

But what do I do in the meantime for my Corsa? Getting fed up of taking it apart and squeezing it on the back seat all shit up!
recarouk

22nd Jan 07 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

roof rack would be best option then! the ones that go on the back are ok but you do risk scratching the bootlid and the roof when you life the bike on and off.

at least with a roof rack you can just chuck the thing up there and strap it down!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike Racks 23 database queries in 0.0103290 seconds