corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine problem - timming chain????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine problem - timming chain????
corsasport_rob

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 07 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'v got a T plate corsa b 1.0 and the last few weeks the engine has become alot louder. It all seems to be fine until the engine tempressure is reached. this is when it is realy noticable on tick over as it now sounds like a desiel! it never did sound that smooth but i always put it down to being a 3 cylinder, i had heard quite a few 1.0 corsa's and they sounded exacually the same as mine did. At the same time as it has been sounding like a desiel on tick over it has seemed to gained another problem. When on tick over and while pulling away sometimes the rev's will completely drop, almost causing the car to stool! Iv just arived home from the vauxhall garage and they said the noice was the timming chain and they quoted me around £500 for it to be changed inc labour. Alternitavly the technican said that they could change oil and oil filter and run an engine flush through which would clean the chain but aparently this has never been to sucessfull in curing the problem! has anyone else had the same problem???

thanks,
rob

New Poll