corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio Mk2 - Watchdog Warning

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clio Mk2 - Watchdog Warning
blebo

User status: Offline
30th Jan 07 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen the end of Watchdog report about Clio Mk2

Seemingly 380 people have contacted them saying that their bonnets have blown open at speed causing damage and/or accidents.

Just so people are aware incase you dont watch Watchdog and have one of these cars or know someone who does - might be worth getting the latch checked

Robin
Premium Member

30th Jan 07 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mk2 meaning the pointy headlight one?
andy1868

30th Jan 07 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasn't there a thread on here not long ago about somebody's mum's bonnest flying open after it had been in the garage?
blebo

30th Jan 07 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno just said Mk2....don't know much about the clio range
pow
Premium Member

30th Jan 07 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont they have a bonnet that opens at the front? Or am i dreaming?
RPM
Banned

30th Jan 07 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were clearly reversing at speed.
blebo

30th Jan 07 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This one

Cosmo

30th Jan 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this happened to a mate on the way to a poker night the other Friday whilst going down the motorway!
_Allan_

30th Jan 07 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It happend to my gfs at 50mph on the southport coastal road at 6am, driving on her own.

Fucked bonnet, smashed windscreen and dented roof!

She lost her no claims and had to make a claim on her own. Renault didn't want to know and were cunts!. The AA man who came out after the damage to sort the bonnet out reckoned the catch was faulty.

Renault said it wasn't shut correctly despite me doing a trip to Birmingham and back the day before at 60+. . The bonnet was closed as I had checked the oil for her and always lift the bonnet back up until the suspension rocks to check it's secure. I think I can tell when it's not shut correctly when driving you can see it lifting on the safety catch

They got a huge letter to the head of their customer services and they didn't want to know. Fuck em , they kind of lost out in the end as we both bought new clios from them, then after the incident sold them. Never returned to buy 2 new 182's off them and put a further 2 people off buying new 1.2's and told them we'd ever be buying a Renualt again for our driving years

Cosmo

30th Jan 07 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
It happend to my gfs at 50mph on the southport coastal road at 6am, driving on her own.

that is not a road I would want it to happen on, so so so bumpy!
_Allan_

30th Jan 07 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_

that is not a road I would want it to happen on, so so so bumpy!

She was very lucky as it was quiet, however it is very dark, bumpy and has a dangerous run off onto the curb/beach if anyone knows it well. She was shaking for hours after, I left hers when she rang and saw the damage for myself. I waited with her for the AA man to sort the car and act as a witness.

I get nagged whenever checking under the bonnet on any car now to make sure it's REALLY closed and it knocked her confidence for a bit not to mention her pocket with the £450 excess and loaded premiums.

Renualt were shits! and I can't explain how much it boiled my piss when I saw the Watchdog report last year!!

[Edited on 30-01-2007 by _Allan_]
Kano

30th Jan 07 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I worked for renault for 3 years and I never once saw any clios with this problem.
Wonderboy

30th Jan 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember seeing this on another car - think it was a clio as well, over 1 year ago.
_Allan_

30th Jan 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's ok then, then because all these owners complaining must be dopes and never shut the bonnets correctly
STANNY

30th Jan 07 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got this Clio and not had any probs with it. Cheers for bringin it to attention though mate, I'll keep it in mind.
Dave

30th Jan 07 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate had that happen on a Laguna. Perhaps Renault's fascination with building cars out of bacofoil has backfired.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio Mk2 - Watchdog Warning 23 database queries in 0.0135660 seconds