corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bloody Rev Counter

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bloody Rev Counter
TC

User status: Offline
16th Feb 07 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to get new instruments this morning with petrol light and rev couter dirt cheap at a tenner... slots in fine. Lighting is clearer, petrol gauge and temp register, speed registers fine btu it isn't counting revs...

Is this en easy problem to fix? Original one did not have a rev counter hence new one, I am told wiring is in there somewhere but it should just be in the loom surely and just slot in. Anyone have any ideas? Any help much appreciated

Cheers, Tommy C
TC

16th Feb 07 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New problem guys now, just what i need. The mileometer which i obviously need to swap to keep genuine mileage is diff in the original to the new one, so it doesn't just un screw and screw new one in. Rekon i should just give up? Sorry to be such a pain about all this

TC
TC

16th Feb 07 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know how to wire it from the ECU to the actual counter?
TC

17th Feb 07 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is proving to be a pain.
This is my ECU, right? and the pea green wire in the middle of the bunch which u can just see i think. Do i cut into that? and where do i wire it to on the rev counter

Help greatly appreciated
Richie

17th Feb 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not your ECU mate.

What engine do you have?
Will_Sport

17th Feb 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow, you must reeeeaaaaally want a rev counter psml

no that isn't your ecu btw.... its on the other side of the car... thats erm... something else, although i know most of the wires from there go to the back (lights, speakers, rear wiper etc etc)
Richie

17th Feb 07 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a 1.0 12v or a 1.2 16v and the rev counter isnt working... i wouldnt even bother to try.

The ECU for these engines are mounted on the side of the engine itself. There may be the pea green wire tied up in the loom behind a dashboard, but its much more of a ballache.
nathy_87

17th Feb 07 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

poor bloke all this just for a rev counter
TC

17th Feb 07 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes all of this just for a rev counter, daft eh. Just seemed like a simple little mod that would be in.. and out... and back in. t'is a 1.0 12v. No wiring in loom. Not gna work ever then?
flash22

17th Feb 07 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youve just got to run the wire in in no more than a hour work btw what are the clocks out off anything other than another 1.0 there not going to read correctly as the 1.0 is a 3 pot lump
TC

17th Feb 07 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't check just found the nearest corsa in the scrappy and got the dials. FFS, i am just gna get rid of this car me thinks. It clearly hates me
nathy_87

17th Feb 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'l have it, how much! wot litre is it? could do swap? werent you the dude who wanted the white clocks from rizo??
TC

17th Feb 07 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i was but Ł45 seemed daft when i found one fore Ł10 in a scrappy. It's a 1.0 12v, S reg. 75 k on the clock. Maybe it would like you
nathy_87

17th Feb 07 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe, got pics? i got a 1.4 flame red,98 on clok, but its got a rev counter
TC

17th Feb 07 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lolol mate. Bless my little car (Geoff). What's it like spec wise? As my next car i would ideally like electrics, sun roof, revvy and things like that. I fancy a Corsa Sport 1.4/1.6 really. or a GSi. I can finally insure these cars

lol, love the above pic. Icey roads are fun.
The obvious question is why wud u swap a 1.4 for a 1.0? lol

nathy_87

17th Feb 07 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

becuase im still learning and the insurance is too much for me om teh 1,4 only thing is mines a 5door, its got sunroof,revvy u got pics of interior? this is goign off subject you got MSN?

New Poll